Company: YMCA of South Florida
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The YMCA of South Florida's South Dade Family Center is now
hiring a Sports Director. The Sports Director is responsible for
preparing and administering departmental budget, can be managed on
a high level of coordination, communication and adapt to the
changing needs of the members and trends in the field. Ensure the
promotion of sports programming growth, safety, member satisfaction
and member retention through sports program participation and
facility excellence. Sports Directors will manage the Sports team
to include hiring and traininQ of staff as well as ensurinQ that
all safety and risk management procedures are followed.Essential
- Meets all assigned program enrollment and program quality
benchmarks by marketing and promoting the Sports Program.
- Assists Executive Director in Annual Campaign to exceed
Dollars, Donors and Volunteers goals.
- Maintains ongoing communication with members and participants
of the sports and leagues
- Maintains high membership conversion ratios through improved
- Conducts ongoing assessment and evaluation of all sports
programming performances and implement program changes and/or
enhancements as needed
- Provides leadership and vision in the improvement and
development of existing and new innovative sports and recreation
program development to better meet the needs of members and the
- Implement and direct department promotional and retention
strategies for new and existing sports programs
- Develops and maintain effective gym, facility scheduling and
equipment to best serve members of all ages;
- Reports unclean conditions, safety hazards and malfunctioning
- Plans the annual department budget; manage and implement the
approved budget and take appropriate action to correct
- Orders equipment and supplies for the sports, leagues and
ensure that equipment is properly secured and maintained while
adhering to budgetary guidelines.
- Participates in regular departmental meetings and building
- Assists in the promotion and integration with other YMCA
departments to ensure the productive, effective and efficient
operation of the family center.
- Supervises trains and supports assigned staff and volunteers;
establishes policies, procedures and guidelines for staff to ensure
quality member experience.
- Develops, plans and implements new procedures, systems and
methods to promote program growth, safety, member satisfaction and
member retention through program participation and facility
- Oversees internal marketing and communication efforts to
maximize enrollments and program participation
- Identifies and resolve program problem areas to ensure member
- Produces department operation reports as needed by leadership
and Association Sports product line.
- Represents and promote the YMCA in the community as needed and
develop positive working relationships with other organizations,
business and governmental entities.
- Recruits and trains high quality, energetic and cause-driven
program coaches, referees and volunteers to positively impact the
lives of our youth participants.
- Coordinates and educate referees on the rules, policies and
philosophies of the YMCA.
- Coordinates Special Events related to the sports programs.
- Maintains current and seek out new collaborations with
community partners to extend the footprint of the YMCA.
- Maintains indoor and outdoor sporting venues to ensure safe and
organized practices and game days.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Position Profile:
- Passionate about sports .
- High-energy personality, outgoing and enjoys working in a fast
paced environment .
- Natural leader with a competitive drive, emotionally mature,
able to initiate and conduct difficult conversations with
individuals at all levels.
- Comfortable with public speaking .
- Innate desire to provide excellent customer service to
participants, which will result in an exceptional aquatic
experience.Job Requirements: -
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in Health, Physical Education, or related
- Minimum of 2-4 years of sports program experience participating
in, or teaching various Youth Sports to children or comparable
experience with a budget exceeding SOOK, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Bilingual, English, and Spanish, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with
individuals at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.Certifications and
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified (must be obtained within 30 days of
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred but not required.As a
condition of employment, you will be required to submit to and
satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background
screening and drug test.As a Drug-Free Workplace, all new hires
must successfully complete a urinalysis within 72 hours of notice.
Failure to complete the drug test within this timeframe will
automatically disqualify you from employment. Please note Medical
Marijuana cards do not exempt you from successfully passing your
drug test.The YMCA of South Florida is committed to the policy of
Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in the workplace
because of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, political affiliation, age, or disability.
Keywords: YMCA of South Florida, Miami , Sports Director, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!