Company: Hyatt Group
Posted on: January 26, 2023
If you're looking for a career with Apple Leisure Group, please
click here to view job postings. If you're looking for a career
within World of Hyatt Inclusive Collection hotels, please click
here to view job postings. "When you work in Hawaii, in addition to
learning about the functional aspects of running a hotel - like the
proper way to make a bed or how to best handle luggage - it's
critically important to understand Hawaiian culture and the spirit
of 'ohana, or 'family.' When opening the first Andaz property in
Hawaii, our team participated in Hawaiian culture training to help
us understand what 'ohana truly means. " Thompson South Beach
slated to open the back half of the year in 2023 will consist of
150 hotel rooms, ground floor retail and a restaurant, an indoor
atrium and a rooftop pool, bar and restaurant. Located adjacent to
the Frank Gehry- designed New World Center and newly revamped Miami
Beach Convention Center, Thompson South Beach is being designed by
French architect, Rudy Ricciotti, with an undulating exterior to
harmonize with its SoundScape Park landscape. The combination of
the iconic design of the building, the central location of this
site along with the food and beverage programming, Thompson South
Beach will add to the dynamism and character of this great city.
Grounded in our Purpose, to care for People so they can to be their
Best, a Hyatt General Manager is responsible to bring our Purpose
to life through the execution and delivery of the Hyatt brand and
brand experiences across all stakeholders: guests, colleagues,
customers, owners, and communities. With a strong reputation for
remarkable energy, and a strong work ethic, Hyatt General Managers
actively and consistently engage all stakeholders to listen, learn
and lead a diverse team focused on building brand loyalty and
cultivating positive guest experiences. Hyatt General Managers are
the embodiment of the Hyatt brand experience and culture as it
relates to customers, guests, colleagues, and owners. Hyatt General
Managers are accountable to:
- Oversee the overall strategy, performance and profitability of
the property: ensuring that it is operating with excellence.
- Lead with integrity and align with Hyatt's core values to
maximize revenue and profit opportunities and ensure the efficient
and effective management of the property asset.
- Lead a diverse team who build the trust of others in all
interactions and cultivate a positive guest experience.
- Continuously find ways to improve all areas of the property and
remain flexible in rapidly changing environments.
- Bring Hyatt's values to life for the benefit of colleagues,
guests, customers and owners by demonstrating excellence in all
aspects of the guest experience and overall performance of
thehotel. Develops Talent
- Execute Hyatt's talent agenda and processes to recruit, hire,
develop, retain, and motivate an inclusive and diverse
- Cultivate an inclusive workplace, rooted in fairness and
respect, where all colleagues feel valued for who they are and are
encouraged to actively participate in their property's culture and
- Support colleagues in understanding their role as brand
ambassadors so they can deliver authentic and caring service to
customers and guests.
- Delegate skillfully and partner with the property's leadership
team to build accountability and achieve shared success.
- Coach, mentor, and develop future leaders for Hyatt. Connects
- Articulate a clear, consistent, and effective message when
communicating with diverse audiences.
- Promote and role model Hyatt`s values (empathy, creativity,
humility, fun, integrity and respect) and Behaviors to Build
(Empathy, Inclusion, Wellbeing, Test & Learn).
- Balance the needs and support of the property's leaders,
colleagues, guests, customers, owners, and community
- Serve as a leader in the community by engaging and
collaborating with local business partners while maintaining a
positive brand reputation.
- Execute a strategic vision through property leaders to drive
daily tactics and execution. Operations & Business Acumen
- Effectively manage owners' assets with an on-going focus on
maximizing returns and identifying the value proposition that Hyatt
delivers as a management company. Maintain and build a positive and
effective relationship with the property ownership on behalf of
- Develop, execute, and evolve a multi-year property level
business strategy with focus on brand positioning.
- Understand and utilize data insights to inform strong business
cases for decisions.
- Provide oversight of ongoing financial reporting, forecasting,
- Challenge and improve current practices and environment to meet
the quality expectation of guests and customers.
- Optimize the overall sales and revenue management strategy to
capture growth and deliver long term profitability.
- Maintain a pristine and well maintained facility in order to
preserve ownership's asset value.
- Lead the capital planning process and utilization of the
owner's capital to fund property improvements over time.
- Embrace technology and digital initiatives to drive property
performance and connectivity to guests and colleagues.
- Ensure the safety of colleagues & guests. Thinking Agility,
Decision Making & Driving Change
- Adapt to a changing world and envision new possibilities for
generating profit and revenue growth.
- Exhibit sound judgement and decision making.
- Demonstrate open-mindedness and embrace different
- Uses data in day-to-day problem solving to address
underperformance, test ideas, learn and accurately measure impact.
Champions Hyatt's Purpose & Culture
- Support colleagues and people leaders in their wellbeing
journey so they can be their best selves.
- Drive the colleague experience by role modeling empathy and
listening in their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Set the pace and tone within the property with passion and
enthusiasm that compels others to follow.
- Cultivate an environment where leaders are encouraged to seek
fresh ways to capture, amplify, and reinforce the right
- Ensure property operations, guest service, and commercial
offerings are aligned to the brand.
- Practice and promote environmental sustainability.
- Previous pre-opening hotel experience
- Experience with strategic F&B partnerships
- Knowledge of Miami market or other feeder markets
- Ability to partner and be a creative liaison to Sales &
Marketing team Shared Services Center - Moore - United States
Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa - Lenox , MA , US
Keywords: Hyatt Group, Miami , General Manager, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!