Company: University of Miami
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or
Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click to log
in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how
to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet,
please review this .The Department of Media Innovation Lab has an
exciting opportunity for Full-Time Manager, Program to work at the
UHealth Campus. The Manager, Programs oversees and coordinates the
day-to-day operations of the assigned University programs in
accordance with the institution's academic and strategic missions.
The incumbent operates with the goal of delivering high quality
programs to the University faculty and staff and other key
stakeholders. Furthermore, the Manager, Programs provides guidance
and mentorship to program staff to encourage talent
- Supports and develops along with the Chair strategic goals for
Department. Develops, obtains approval for, implements, and directs
short and long-term strategic business plans for the Department,
while actively serving as the financial and administrative
- Prepares business analyses, funding plans, and develops
proposals; implements plans for new programs; and designs and
executes changes to existing programs. -
- Ensures administrative services in the Department are compliant
with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Plans and manages all financial areas including all aspects of
revenue and expense management.
- Provides administrative direction and coordination of
day-to-day functions, including those involving other entities
whose work impacts the business of the Department.
- Support programmatic development and implementation of
education, research, clinical, venture and service, outreach,
policy and ethics divisions of the department.
- Negotiates professional and laboratory services with
- Leads the analytical review of monthly budget reports to
satisfy requirements of sponsor agency, institution, and
investigators for planning, budgeting, auditing, and
- Manages research space, facilities and resources, equipment,
and the disposition thereof.
- Oversees aspects of faculty appointment, promotion/tenure, and
non-renewal processes within the Department, ensuring adherence to
guidelines and timelines.
- Manages financial resources for the Department to achieve
optimal utilization, including financial planning, budgeting, and
accounting functions. -
- Leads the process for the allocation of funding of faculty
salaries and clinical incentive plans.
- Assists in the recruitment of diverse faculty, with appropriate
expertise to meet the clinical, educational and research needs of
- Provides support and review all contracts being renewed or new
- Monitors closely with the chair the faculty productivity to
ensure proper staffing.
- Establishes new consultation services for the Pathologist to
include tumor boards.
- Establishes Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plan for the
- Maintains a positive workplace culture and ensures staffing is
engaged with the strategic goals of the school and department.
- Ensures that there are checks and balances for all areas of the
department to ensure compliance.This list of duties and
responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be
expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as
necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that
support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.Any
appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or
certifications may be considered.The University of Miami offers
competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including
medical, dental, tuition remission and more.UHealth-University of
Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health
system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground
breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of
Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve
South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians
represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have
more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition
of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding
teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've
been looking for.Patient safety is a top priority. As a result,
during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April),
the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all
employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a
location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is
provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have
an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement
will result in rescinding or termination of employment.The
University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click for additional information.Job Status:Full
timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c105
Keywords: University of Miami, Miami , Manager, Programs, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...