Assistant Director, Safety - The Americas
Company: IATA Consulting
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Employment Type:PermanentContract Duration:N/AAbout the team you
Reporting to the Americas
Regional Director - Operations Safety and Security (OSS), the
Director, Safety is responsible to support the delivery of IATA
priorities; the IATA Safety Strategy; and, in accordance with IATA
members' priorities on safety as
captured within the IATA Global Safety Risk Management Framework,
implementation of the regional programs across the Americas that
What your day would be like
- Coordinate with OSS headquarters safety team to improve global
safety performance by supporting the delivery global OSS priorities
through effective risk management across the Americas region.
- Promote IATA safety policies and strategies with ICAO,
Government Authorities and Agencies, Air Navigation Service
Providers (ANSP) and Airport Authorities responsible for the
planning, implementation and operation of air navigation and
airport facilities to deliver safety improvements.
- Identify, develop activities, and deliver safety improvement
programs aimed to rectify any safety deficiencies within the region
collaborating with governments, airlines, ANSP and airports
utilising Regional Aviation Safety Groups (RASG) and Country Safety
- Engage stakeholders, and actively promote, the IATA Safety
Strategy around the three strategic goals relating to Safety
Leadership, Safety Risk and Safety Connect to evolve safety culture
and reporting; the prioritization of safety risks and the evolution
of IATA audit programs; the growing of a safety community,
connecting all IATA airlines, across the region.
- Support promotion, and engagement, with the IATA Operational
Safety Audit (IOSA) program as it transitions to a risk-based audit
and support airlines, in the region, with their transition to
Risk-Based IOSA whilst looking at new opportunities to grow the
- Manage and lead IATA's regional safety activities including but
not limited to the Global Aviation Data Management Program (GADM),
safety management systems, regional safety groups like PA-RAST etc.
Utilizing the data, be able to provide snapshots of the current
regional safety risks and shortcomings that require actions by
- Contribute to the commercial strategy and targets assigned to
the OSS Region by promoting IATA products and services.
We would love to hear from you if
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience with at least 5
years of management level in aviation safety.
- College degree in aviation safety, aviation engineering,
business, or related risk management disciplines. Equivalent strong
operational and technical work experience will be accepted.
- Advanced knowledge, and demonstrated practical application
within an airline environment, of Safety Management Systems and the
delivery of safety improvement programs including safety
- Airline flying experience and/or a strong background of air
safety investigation and/or quality auditing in a multidisciplinary
environment would be beneficial.
- Comprehensive understanding of safety information sharing
programs and data management methodology. Understanding of ICAO
Programs and Working Processes will be an asset.
- Comfortable operating under pressure, driving multiple projects
simultaneously and delivering under tight deadlines. Initiative and
ability to work without constant supervision.
- Strong IT skills, particularly with MS Office programs. report
writing and creating presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
language; command of Spanish and/or other languages will be an
Travel Required: Y
Diversity and Inclusionare one of our key priorities and we want to
role model it. We are committed to building a team that represents
a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills in which you can
contribute at your best and be who you are. The more inclusive we
are, the better we will be able to thrive to represent, lead and
service the airline industry. If there is anything we can do to
create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let
Learn more about IATA's role in the industry, our benefits, and the
team at . We are looking forward tohearing from you!
Keywords: IATA Consulting, Miami , Assistant Director, Safety - The Americas, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...