Company: Thornton Construction Company
Location: Opa Locka
Posted on: May 26, 2023
The Project Manager (PM) has bottom line responsibility and
accountability for the financial and technical success of the
project(s) assigned. The PM plans, organizes, coordinates and
controls projects in accordance with the established policies,
procedures, and systems of the company. The PM is responsible for
coordinating and managing all necessary resources throughout the
project. The PM shall ensure that both the Owner's/Thornton's
expectations and budgetary guidelines are met or exceeded. The PM
manages the project from beginning to end including:
pre-construction, budget, costs, schedule, costs, risk management,
insurances, general work performance and quality, and overall
progress against the plan.
- Accomplish project plans on time, meeting or exceeding project
margin goal as well as meeting all specified quality
- Responsible for continuously monitoring project progress with
respect to the status of the plan and the budget and providing a
weekly status report to Senior Management.
- Lead and communicate with all team members, subcontractors and
vendors to assist them in working to maintain the project
- Develop and improve upon assigned client relationships.
- Build effective working relationships with clients, architects,
subcontractors, vendors and Thornton team members.
- Administer financial aspects of the Owner contract,
subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Assist estimating in developing and selecting vendors qualified
to bid on project.
- Review architectural drawings, specifications, and contract
documents to determine project scope.
- Assess and prequalify vendors in order to determine if they are
qualified to perform the work.
- Ensure that all general requirements of the contract are
addressed during the estimating phase.
- Provide constructability assistance, by checking for conflicts
and deviations, and inform Owner/AE of any conflicts in contract
documents and offer recommendations when applicable.
- Review and procure all vendor proposals and ensure scope
- Create project baseline schedule and validate with all team
- Review the general contract documents, estimate and prepare the
startup budget and project milestones.
- Create a schedule of values and project logs, plan safety and
mobilization, including review and validation with team
- Purchase/buyout all vendors within the guidelines of the budget
setup goals established by senior management.
- Write scope of work, exhibits and all riders to our subcontract
- Ensure that all owner contract requirements are incorporated in
all subcontract agreements.
- Manage and maintain project logs: change management, buyout
log, project files, purchase and delivery schedules, construction
schedule, change order processes, RFIs, submittals, shop drawings,
as-builts, owner/architect correspondence and all other document
- Communicate any issues proactively and provide solutions in the
best interest of Thornton to these issues.
- Attend all schedule and management meetings necessary to
monitor the project, chairing as appropriate.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the jobsite meetings and
issue minutes of all site meetings.
- Manage all team members associated with the project and ensure
their strict compliance to Thornton's policies.
- Expedite all shop drawings and approvals.
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a
- Inform the Client of any errors, discrepancies or omissions
contained within the design drawings.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the
Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Ensure completion of and track all independent testing and
inspections as required.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality
- Manage all requisitions and payments, including lien releases
and project payroll, and maintain best possible cash flow
throughout the project.
- Issue monthly progress draws and invoicing to client, including
- Generate accurate monthly Cost to Complete forecasts, including
thorough analyses of subcontract and purchase order audits, budget
updates and change order logs.
- Review each Subcontractor's initial Schedule of Values to
- Review Sub/Vendor requisitions to prevent payment of unsigned
or unfunded Change Orders.
Change Order Management
- Utilize project management software to track all Proposed
Change Order (PCO) items, including in-scope and out-of-scope.
- Maintain and report change order status on a timely basis.
- Generate monthly Owner Change Orders (OCO) to prevent aging of
PCO issues and allow timely closure of changes with
- Work to recover all legitimate general condition costs relating
to Owner changes.
- Track the status of all allowances and submit Change Order
Requests (COR) when an overrun is likely.
- Track all field directives and back-charges for timely
- Prepare all required documentation as required by Thornton's
Project Management Manual and Owner contract.
- Deliver all necessary manuals to the client and consolidate
project documentation and files.
- Manage subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner
training, and punch list processes.
- Deliver all warranties, as-builts and training to the
- Write timely notices to Owners and Subcontractors.
- Secure Change Order authorizations before proceeding with
- Take immediate action when a non-performing Subcontractor is
likely to cause impact to the Project.
- Ensure that submittal/shop drawings are reviewed and approved
within the timeframe required by the contract document.
- Ensure the safe execution of the jobs to achieve zero
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Engineering or applicable
discipline plus a minimum of 3 years of related experience or an
equivalent combination of education training and/or
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft
- Must have understanding of construction terms, estimating,
purchasing, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents,
drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities.
- Candidate must possess Thornton's Core Values: Results Driven,
Proactive, Safety Conscious, People Focused, Customer Oriented, and
- Excellent business judgment demonstrated by consistently
achieving profitability objectives and strong project closeouts
with client and subcontractor relationships in good standing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
evidenced by strong command of all applicable and legal
- Ability to consistently analyze and execute financial tradeoffs
that frequently involve dealing with incomplete data and
- Ability to constantly multitask and handle competing priorities
between business needs, organizational issues and sound customer
- Possess judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues
up the chain of command.
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative. Able to quickly study
and react to complex issues.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to confidently and
decisively take action.
- Team leader with excellent diplomatic and communication skills,
able to handle and resolve conflicts effectively in a firm but fair
Keywords: Thornton Construction Company, Miami , Project Manager, Executive , Opa Locka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...