Project Manager II
Posted on: May 28, 2023
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager or Senior Project ManagerFSLA:
ExemptPosition SummaryThe Project Manager will provide overall
management direction to single or multiple projects, establish
project objectives and policies, maintain liaison with prime client
contracts, and monitor construction and financial activities
through administrative direction of on-site construction manager.
In addition, the Project Manager will establish and review
priorities for the Project Engineer. The Project Manager is
ultimately responsible for completing each project on time, within
budget, and satisfying the customer.Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze projects to determine scope, schedule requirements, and
coordinate with Purchasing and Installation on priorities to
effectively bring project within budget and on schedule.
- Attend Purchasing update meetings for new projects and assist
the Purchasing Department as necessary. Pursue to resolution all
Vendor Contracts, Bond and Insurance Certificates.
- Expedite, review, and provide "Quality Control" on shop
drawings and submittals.
- Effectively analyze projects to:
- Estimate overruns and/or under-runs and omissions related to
the Job Cost.
- Verify field dimensions, backing locations and
- Timely release of approved materials to suppliers and
- Expedite material deliveries and shortages.
- Verify job readiness and coordinate installation of materials
to allow installation to progress in an orderly and timely fashion.
The Project Manager will have a positive or negative effect on the
profitability of the installation.
- Review, code, and return invoices to Accounting.
- Initiate and respond to daily correspondence, customers,
suppliers and Corporate Office.
- Issue Field Coordination Reports to customers when
- Update as necessary ISEC Project Control/Document Control
System including: (Copy OM on all significant changes.)
- Proposal Log
- Request for Information Log
- Serial Letter Log
- Submittal Log
- Material Status Report
- Things to Do List
- Outstanding Issues
- Document Control Log
- Field Coordination Report Log
- Shortage and Breakage Log
- Coordinate with in-house Trucking Department regarding
long-haul deliveries. Maximize capability for grouped job shipments
to reduce hauling costs.
- Review, issue and update Installation Manpower Schedules and
Sequence of Operations within the first 60 days.
- Coordinate with Installation in completing the last 1% of the
job and all punch lists, submit guarantees, warranties and owners'
manuals as required.
- Prepare, submit, obtain approval, verify and track billings
until payment is received. Effectively make progress payment
requests to eliminate underbilling to the extent possible on a
monthly basis. First billing within 60 days of order Entry
- Monitor the progress of the assigned projects via the
Project/Document Control System, correspondence, job cost reports,
progress billings, and field reports and keep Operations Manager
informed of unresolved problems. Provide monthly input to
Operations Manager for Projects at Risk Report.
- Price and process change order proposals and coordinate with
Estimating Department when required. Change order proposals are to
be reviewed with Operations Manager.
- Maintain job costs and update monthly with Operations
- Set up cost projections on a detailed (broken down by Job Cost
Line) spreadsheet for all projects managed and updated
- Read, understand and follow master operating agreements with
all vendors and Kewaunee Dealer Agreement. Process Request for
Direction as needed.
- Participate with other Division personnel in establishing and
setting and attaining goals for the Division to develop new
methods, techniques, systems and ideas to improve the performance
of the Company.
- Promote ISEC and maintain a good working relationship with:
- Suppliers and manufacturers
- General contractors, owners and architects
- Company personnel
- Sign all vendor contracts and change orders to the levels
outlined by the Board of Directors Resolution.
- Make all decisions relative to the projects assigned except
those specifically reserved by the Operations Manager as defined on
- Prepare, update and issue Cost to Complete Reports on a weekly
basis.Preferred Qualifications (in addition to minimum
- Bachelors Degree with a major in Construction Management
- At least 3years time-in-grade in Project Management of CSI Div.
6 architectural woodworkMinimum QualificationsEducation/Experience
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or the equivalent
combination of education and related construction experience
- High School Diploma and plus 5 years of experience in the
- 4-7 years of experiencemanaging architectural woodwork
- Knowledge of Architectural Woodwork / Millwork materials,
products and cabinetry and installation
- Computer literacy
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal SkillsUnsolicited resumes will not be accepted.
To be considered for this position, please apply on ISEC's Career
Website.Company Profile:For over 50 years, we've proudly
constructed the backdrops for life's most important events.Quietly
setting the stage, ISEC constructs functional and beautiful
architectural surroundings. Our craftsmanship is there amidst the
cheers of fans in hometown stadiums, framing joyful reunions in
airports across the country, and surrounding parents as they
welcome their newborn in expertly outfitted hospital rooms. We
invest the time and commitment to deliver world-class facilities.We
got our start in 1967 providing furniture and athletic equipment,
and quickly expanded into the healthcare and laboratory industries.
By 1970 we extended our Colorado roots into Phoenix, Los Angeles,
San Francisco and Seattle. By 1990, our expertise in high-profile,
mega-woodwork projects further propelled us into prominence.Now
with 9 regional offices and over 1,500 talented team members, we
continue to exceed craftsmanship and business standards with a long
history of excellence, sound project management skills, unwavering
partnerships, financial stability, exemplary attention to detail
and commitment to any project.At ISEC, we take time to understand
each client's unique vision and provide true project ownership and
accountability. As a prime trades contractor of choice, our
craftsmen ensure nothing short of excellent results on every
general trade, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors,
frames & hardware, specialties, laboratory furniture, and medical
equipment project we complete.Our Why? We're an employee-owned
company and our core values, Commitment to Customer, Integrity,
Respect, Safety, and Teamwork, run deep. Our culture is based on a
dedication to excellence and providing the highest level of
performance, innovation, partnership and support to our team and to
our clients.ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace
diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are
encouraged to apply.ISEC offers comprehensive, balanced, and
competitive benefits to support the needs of you and your family.
From healthcare to retirement planning and everything in between,
our benefit packages are designed with family in mind.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance, Short-Term andLong-Term Disability
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Holiday & Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition ReimbursementFor more information on ISEC, or to review
our FMLA notice, please visit our web site:.NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA
RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS:In connection with your application, we
collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or
describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of Personal
Information that we collect include your name, government issued
identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other
contact information, employment history, educational history, and
demographic information. We collect and use those categories of
Personal Information about you for human resources and other
business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating
you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future
contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and
hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law,
conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal
requirements and Company policies.Information to the Applicant:I
certify that all answers and statements made by me on this
Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or
misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the
application process may result in rejection of my application or
discharge at any time if I am hired.All qualified applicants will
receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or
disability or any other legally protected status. Additional
testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be
required prior to employment.I understand and acknowledge that all
offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on
compliance with the background check and drug testing
Keywords: ISEC, Miami , Project Manager II, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...