Director of Engineering
Company: The Elser Hotel & Residences
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Elser Hotel & Residences is a 49-story luxury condominium hotel
located in Downtown Miami. The newly completed tower offers 646
fully furnished rooms/residences, over 19,000 square feet of
curated amenities and 5,000 square feet of prime retail space.
Named after the iconic Elser Pier, which was built in the 1900s and
became the premier place for locals and visitors to enjoy the
magical shoreline of Biscayne Bay in downtown Miami, The Elser
Hotel & Residences will continue this tradition.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for all administrative,
financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they directly
relate to the engineering division. He/she is responsible for the
safe and profitable operation of the hotel.
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service,
Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention
- Create, approve and post all Engineering staff schedules
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly
profit/loss review meetings.
- Develop and implement plans to maintain property, equipment,
grounds and other assets in an acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance program for all
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems
are inspected, tested and certified per Highgate Hotel
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact
location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings
to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure
problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Administer all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering
- Support and participate in all Highgate Hotel programs.
- Lead and participate in Highgate Hotel Safety Committee.
Keywords: The Elser Hotel & Residences, Miami , Director of Engineering, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!