Director of Insurance Accounting
Company: Unified Physician Management
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job Number: 597 Position Title: Director of Insurance Accounting External Description: The Director, Insurance Accounting is a new role recognizing the past and future growth of the company. The Director, Insurance Accounting will be responsible for establishing the function at UPM to include building robust accounting mechanisms for all aspects of insurance accounting covering employee benefit and corporate insurances. He/She will Business Partner with HR and legal leadership on relevant aspects of the area. The role reports to--the Chief Accounting Officer.---- The Director, Insurance Accounting is responsible for the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly insurance accounting. He/She will articulate and lead enhancement initiatives in the area focused across People, Process, and leveraging Technology. The Director, Insurance Accounting will develop management reporting to effectively communicate results and insights to senior management and to the Board. He/She will effectively integrate newly acquired companies into the Insurance Accounting processes. The role will play an important part in building the accounting structure to support the Company---s move into self-insurance and the potential establishment of a Captive Insurance company.-- Reporting to the Director, Insurance Accounting will be the Manager of--Insurance Accounting--and Staff Accountant of Insurance Accounting. Additional direct reports will be assessed based on the growth and needs of the area.-- -- The Director, Insurance Accounting will first and foremost be passionate about UPM---s mission.-- He/She will be hardworking, demonstrate the values of the company and build/sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels within the organization. The successful candidate will be persuasive, authentic and transparent and will demonstrate a high level of professional and personal credibility. Key Responsibilities and Objectives include:
- Build out the Company---s capabilities in insurance accounting into a ---Center of Excellence--- for the area
- Responsible for the integrity of insurance expense and balance sheet reserves for both Employee benefit related insurances as well as Corporate insurances
- Enhance the process and tools (spreadsheets, automation, system) used to manage insurance expense and reserves to ensure an accurate and repeatable process
- Business Partner and collaborate with HR partners on Employee benefits related insurances and with Corporate legal on Corporate Insurances
- Collaborate with senior accounting and IT managers to leverage the systems used to house and track insurance expense and reserves calculations (currently on Excel spreadsheets)
- Develop appropriate accounting processes to support the Company---s move into self-insured plans, that ensure integrity and accuracy of the accounting for the expenses and related reserves
- Develop appropriate accounting processes to support the Company---s potential move into the formation of an Insurance Captive that will ensure integrity and accuracy of the accounting for the Captive
- Integrate acquired companies into the Insurance Accounting processes.
- Build positive and appropriate business relationships with outside insurance brokers, agents and actuaries that support the Company---s programs
- Develop monthly management reporting that provides appropriate insights on insurance costs, and spend versus budget / forecast that drives education and transparency for operations leaders and senior management of UPM.
- Support annual Budgeting and periodic Forecasting of insurance costs
- Support the annual outside audit of UPM---s financial statements in the area of insurance expense and reserves
- Set an appropriate Tone at the Top and Walk the Talk as a leader.
- Build a culture that provides a high degree of internal customer service and responsiveness.
- Attract, hire and train high performing staff as supported by growth in the business.
- Demonstrate a hands-in / roll-up-the sleeves style. Demonstrated capacity to make strong individual contributions as well as lead and manage process development and execution. Demonstrated player / coach abilities. Requirements:
- Senior accounting leadership experience, 10+ years required in relevant insurance accounting areas.--
- A bachelor---s degree in Accounting, CPA, and large public accounting firm experience is required.--
- An advanced degree (MBA or other relevant master---s degree) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in building and/or significantly enhancing the accounting function.
- Experience in complex high performing companies of size and scope, with the ability to draw upon best-in-class processes and procedures.
- Experience in multi-site / multi-state enterprises is preferred.
- Experience in accounting for self-insured plans is required, and experience with Insurance Captives will be seen as a plus.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.-- --
- Experience with NetSuite or like enterprise systems is a plus.
- Must exhibit a high-energy level, a sense of urgency, responsiveness, client-service approach, and low-ego, and also be collaborative and bring maturity, humility, integrity, and leadership to the role.
- Demonstrate a--proven track record of developing and leading high-performing teams. -- City: Boca Raton State: Florida Community / Marketing Title: Director of Insurance Accounting Company Profile: Unified Physician Management, LLC (UPM) and its physician partners have assembled the nation---s largest network of Ob-Gyns operating in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Through its partner organizations, Unified Women---s Healthcare, PL (UWH) and Capital Women---s Care, UPM has created the only national, private practice women---s health group with a singular vision of patient centered care and physician governance. Established in 2009, UPM and its physician partners have set out to preserve personalized healthcare and be recognized as a premier thought leader in the field of women---s health. The goal is to preserve the private practice of medicine and preserve the economic security of Ob-Gyns for the foreseeable future. EEO Employer Verbiage: We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan.------ This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Keywords: Unified Physician Management, Miami , Director of Insurance Accounting, Executive , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!