Company: CAN Community Health
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Statement of Purpose: Under general supervision, provides a range
of clinical, administrative, and staff support to a dental service
operation. Assists in the performance of dental and radiography
procedures; prepares and maintains dental equipment and supplies in
accordance with established protocol, procedures, policies and
standards, and assists in the coordination of day-to-day patient
administration, record management and office support
activities.Primary Tasks: Dental Assistant
- Provides chair side assistant to dentist in the performance of
dental procedures, to include operative, preventive, endodontic,
prosthetic, and/or oral surgical procedures.
- Prepares, sterilizes, organizes, and sets up dental equipment,
ensures that all dental instruments are cleaned, dated, and
processed according to established clinic guidelines and
- Monitors and maintains dental equipment.
- Develops and processes dental radiographs in accordance with
provider orders; assists in the monitoring and maintenance of
radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Follows and maintains all relevant federal, state, and
institutional regulations, guidelines, policies, and standards for
the provision of dental clinical services.
- Orders and maintains inventories of dental clinic
- Interacts with and processes dental clinic patients; including
educating and communicating the process of HIV disease and its
treatment and escorting patients to dental clinic and advising
dentist of patients appointment.
- Maintains dental laboratory slips and creates and maintains
dental records in accordance with established protocol and
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained regarding patient/client
information in accordance with HIPAA, professional and departmental
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s mission and
values and follows its policies and procedures.Secondary Tasks:
- Cooperates with and assist other team members.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required: Dental Assistant
- Ability to ensure maintenance of dental equipment.
- Skilled in x-ray and film development techniques.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Ability to fabricate cosmetic temps.
- Ability to document treatment plans with estimated costs.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Possess ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Proficient with scheduling programs.Education/Professional:
Dental AssistantCertified Dental Assistant or EFDA with High School
Diploma or EquivalentValid Driver's licenseExperience: Dental
AssistantThree-years of direct clinical practice.Surgical and
four-handed experience preferred.Physical Requirements: Dental
Assistant1. Neat, professional appearance.2. MEDIUM- Exerts up to
50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force
frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human
body. Involves sitting, standing and walking.3. Requires expressing
or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, visual and auditory
acuity. Machines/Equipment, Tools Used: Dental AssistantComputerAll
dental tools and technologyOther business office equipmentOperate a
motor vehicleOther Duties: Dental AssistantPlease note this job
inscription is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without
notice.Responsible to:DentistCAN is an equal opportunity employer
that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are
different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law
Keywords: CAN Community Health, Miami , Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!