Correctional Medicine Rehabilitation Specialist Needed in Florida City, FL
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Miami, Florida. This and other
clinical nurse specialist jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"Our Rehabilitation Specialist develops,
organizes, and implements psychiatric rehabilitation groups and
activities that address the needs of persons with severe and
persistent mental illness. It is also responsible for an array of
daily interventions including formal groups, individual counseling,
crisis intervention, behavioral programming and auxiliary support
activities for patients. This position documents daily
objective-driven contact notes that generate monthly progress
notes. Curriculum and resource development are also key facets of
the job. Finally, it works in conjunction with the
interdisciplinary treatment teams to achieve measurable objectives
specified in the Recovery Plan within the standards of
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited college or university in a
human services field required.Experience:
- One (1) year of experience in a mental health setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate
effectively with all levels within the facility, in addition to a
variety of outside customers with varying interests.
- Above average writing skills.
- Must be able to thoroughly and effectively document all work
performed in the position.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Licenses/Certifications:
- None required.
- Plans and conducts daily groups in designated Role Recovery
phase(s), manages group process/dynamics so as to maximize patient
participation and positive objective outcomes. Incorporate
individual behavior plans & MHT mentoring. Maintains creative,
stimulating groups and room environment. Example of model of
classes will be DBT and cognitive therapy etc.
- Performs timely, complete, accurate, and legible documentation
of services provided that is consistent with professional
standards, hospital procedures, and department requirements.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitivity to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient. Completes yearly training.
- Is honest, consistent, fair, positive, nurturing in daily
interactions. Demonstrates values/philosophy of Role Recovery
approach. Demonstrates advocacy for patients. Handles crisis
behavior by identifying antecedents, verbal de-escalation and CPI
implementation. Effective therapeutic communication- verbal,
- Takes initiative to make cooperative efforts with colleagues
and other hospital staff to meet needs of patients.
- Manages time effectively including completion of assigned
auxiliary support services and department task assignments.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment. Completes yearly training.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Miami , Correctional Medicine Rehabilitation Specialist Needed in Florida City, FL, Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!