RN- NICU (Full Time, Night shift)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: April 9, 2021
RN- NICU (Full Time, Night shift)-19515DescriptionJob
SummaryAssesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and supervises
individual patient care on a nursing unit according to unit
policies and procedures. Supports and upholds the Patient Bill of
Rights. Practices under the supervision of the Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- CPR: Healthcare Provider.
- Must complete competency assessment tool upon 6 months of hire
date for a Critical Care setting.
- NRP certification required as per department within 1
- RN licensure within the State of
Florida.QualificationsEssential Duties and ResponsibilitiesPatient
Care Rounds and Updates
- Communicates the patient's progress including critical
findings, changes in the patients' condition with the physician
and/or disciplines involved in the care of the child. Plans,
implements and documents the plan of care in collaboration with the
other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient
care.Clinical Assessments & Reassessments
- Completes all nursing assessment of patients. Performs
reassessments as per policy, and when there is a change in the plan
of care, or when an intervention is performed. Provides basic
nursing care such as feeding, bathing, changing diapers, may start
IV, suctioning and repositioning for neonates. Responds to medical
equipment in a timely manner.Admission/Discharge
- Completes patient admission history and discharge planning
thoroughly and accurately as per policy. Admission history will
include spiritual needs, cultural, developmental,
educational/learning needs, and psychosocial
- Accesses electronic health record independently according to
hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation in
the patient's electronic health record.Patient Family Communication
- Provides education and documents on patient/family teachings on
health related needs (i.e. disease, medications, treatments, pain,
discharge, safety, nutrition, skin care etc.).Medication
- Follows physician's orders and administers medications as
directed. Adheres to the six rights of medication administration:
right individual, right medication, right dose, right time, right
route and right documentation.Quality/Safety
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by
consistently performing thorough hand-offs and infection prevention
- Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, effective, efficient
care delivery with emphasis on the absence of medication errors,
avoidance of falls from surface, ouch-free procedural pain,
reduction of pain, absence of blood borne infections and surgical
site infections, secure of Endotracheal tubes when applicable per
competency, observance of skin integrity for prevention of skin
- Provides beside report and patient information at shift
- Responsible for specimen collectionKnowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Career Development: National certified preferably within 5
years of hire.
- BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN program.
- Pediatric Nursing experience in an acute care setting is
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a
timely fashion with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong time management, critical thinking, verbal
and written communication skills.(EOE DFW)Job:Nursing -
ClinicalPrimary Location:Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital
- Main Hospital CampusDepartment:NEONATAL ICU-2100-620010Job
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Miami , RN- NICU (Full Time, Night shift), Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!