Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Full Time, Evening shift)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Full Time, Evening
shift)-19199DescriptionJob Summary: Responsible for accurately
interpreting, dispensing, preparing, and processing medication
orders and applying clinical knowledge to meet all state and
federal laws and regulations. Provides timely and accurate drug
information to hospital, ambulatory care clinical, and medical
staff. Verifies Technician prepared products before release. Works
under the general supervision of the Director of Pharmacy Services
and department operations and clinical supervisory staff. Minimum
- State of Florida Pharmacist license required - maintain active
and in good standing throughout employment
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS - maintain active and in
good standing throughout employmentQualificationsESSENTIAL JOB
- Delivers quality pharmaceutical care and effective medication
management outcomes through error-free care, timely verification,
and delivery of medications.
- Participates in hospital based Code Blue events, medication
reconciliation and provides evidenced based drug information.
- Ensures and maintains competency with safe use of pharmacy and
hospital clinical information systems (Cerner, Pyxis, C-2Safe,Baxa
TPN, DoseEdge, Lab).
- Ensures appropriate aseptic IV technique to meet USP 797
standards as required and completes annual IV Room competency
training and testing.
- Ensures and executes policies and procedures that insure
appropriate, cost-effective, safe medication use and utilizes the
approved hospital formulary.
- Ensures working clinical knowledge and practice skills related
to TPN, Chemotherapy, and Investigational Drug processing,
preparation, and dispensing.
- Directs and supervises technical staff related to daily
medication compounding and preparation, and verifies accuracy of
medications prior to dispensing.
- Interprets and processes medication orders timely, accurately,
and manages medication use based on state and federal
- Performs quality review to achieve metrics & documents
interventions, clinical activities, adverse drug reactions, &
medication errors accurately to meet DNV standards, state & federal
- Screens for adverse events such as allergies, correct dosage,
incompatibilities, duplications, potential adverse drug reactions,
contraindications, drug-drug interactions and drug-food
- Provides patient and family education upon request and actively
participates in department in-service programs as assigned.
- Weighs, measures, and prepares oral and IV medication products
utilizing appropriate tools and equipment.
- Actively participates in lean committee assigned activities,
daily huddles, and works to improve departmental service excellence
index (SEI) scores through patient and family initiatives.Common
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely
completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health
requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as
outlined by MCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy and procedures.
Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards.
- Ensures behavior meets and/or exceeds targeted service scores
as measured by the Service Index and/or the internal departmental
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy; Doctorate of Pharmacy
- Ability to assess patient care conditions and evaluate patient
response to medication therapy regimens
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively in
both oral and written form with all levels of hospital personnel
and all patient groups
- Ability to comprehend and analyze information
- Ability to coordinate the sequence of an operation or a
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision
- Ability to operate equipment and pharmacy information
- Ability to problem solve and think analytically
- Ability to provide supervisory oversight for technical staff
related to medication preparation and dispensing
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with
patients, co-workers, clinical/medical staff, and interdisciplinary
- Knowledge of pharmacokinetic and pharmaco-therapeutic
properties of medications(EOE DFW)10/12/17Job:PharmacyPrimary
Location:Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital
CampusDepartment:PHARMACY-2100-730000Job Status:Full Time
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Miami , Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Full Time, Evening shift), Healthcare , Hallandale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!