RN Radiology (Part Time, with Benefits) / Weekends shifts
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: April 10, 2021
RN Radiology (Part Time, with Benefits) / Weekends
shifts-19689DescriptionJob Summary: Assesses, plans, implements,
evaluates, and supervises individual patient care on a nursing unit
according to unit policies and procedures. Supports and upholds the
Patient Bill of Rights. Practices under the supervision of the
Manager/Director. *** This position is Part Time (approx 24 hours
weekly) and consists of rotating weekend shifts *** Minimum Job
- RN - Registered Nurse within the State of Florida - maintain
active and in good standing throughout employment.
- CPR BLS - American Heart Association (AHA) - maintain active
and in good standing throughout employment.
- PALS - American Heart Association (AHA) - maintain active and
in good standing throughout employment. within 2 years
QualificationsJob Specific Duties:
- Communicates the patient's progress including critical findings
and changes in the patients' condition to the physician and/or
disciplines involved in the care of the child.
- Plans, implements, and documents the plan of care in
collaboration with the other disciplines and services to ensure
safe, efficient care, and facilitate patient flow.
- Provides ongoing assessment of the patient, utilizing the
knowledge of age specific criteria and chief complaint. Engages in
patient/parent teaching before, during, and after the
- Maintains dignity and confidentiality of the patient and serves
as a patient advocate.
- Prepares and plans for patients with a sedation/anesthesia
history, reviews patient's medical records, prior medications
administered, reactions to sedation/anesthesia and all pertinent
- Anticipates and prepares for complications arising from
- Evaluates patient's response to sedation/anesthesia, monitors
and recovers the patient according to the hospital policy, and
communicates findings to other team members as needed.
- Confirms appointment 1-3 days prior to procedure and obtains
medical, sedation & procedure history, and current medications.
Provides procedure/discharge instructions and documents in
- Independently accesses patient EMR according to hospital
policy. Completes accurate and timely documentation in the
- Obtains consents as needed for procedures. As Needed 10 mins
- Provides education and documents on patient/family teachings on
health related needs (disease, medications, treatments, pain,
discharge, safety, nutrition, skin care).
- Follows physician's orders and administers medications as
directed. Adheres to the Six Rights of Medication
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by
consistently performing thorough hand-offs and infection prevention
- Initiates intravenous access and places urinary catheters as
per hospital policy.
- Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, effective, efficient
care delivery with emphasis on the absence of medication errors,
avoidance of falls from surface, and reduction of pain.
- Ensures safe, effective, efficient care delivery with emphasis
on an absence of infections, secure of Endotracheal tubes when
applicable, and observance of skin integrity to prevent skin
- BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN program.
- PACU or Sedation training is preferred.
- Career Development: National certified preferably within 5
years of hire.
- Ability to be on-call as needed.
- Pediatric Nursing experience in Critical Care/OR/Emergency Room
setting is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a
timely fashion with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong time management, critical thinking, verbal,
and written communication skills.(EOE DFW)1/26/18Job:Nursing -
ClinicalPrimary Location:Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital
- Main Hospital CampusDepartment:RADIOLOGY NURSING-2100-721723Job
Status:Part Time with Benefits
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Miami , RN Radiology (Part Time, with Benefits) / Weekends shifts, Healthcare , Hallandale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!