LGBTQ Affirming Addiction Therapist
Company: Inspire Recovery
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Trauma-Informed Therapist Group Facilitator for LGBTQ Addiction
RehabOVERVIEW:The LGBTQ community is fiercely and fabulously
supportive of each other. But traditional rehabs dont support
them.Its time for the recovery community to recognize LGBTQ peoples
gifts, their gender identities, and the systemic oppression that
sometimes drives them to use substances in the first place. But
most rehabs dont even let non-binary people in!Inspire Recovery
isnt just inclusive its queer and trans-led. We are a transforming,
passionate, life changing company on a mission to help the LGBTQIA+
community have an authentic experience while recovering from drugs
and alcohol. We celebrate our communitys strengths and normalize
their struggles. Our radically trauma-informed approach includes
prescribing hormones on an informed consent basis as soon as
clients arrive, destigmatizing sex work, and de-escalating folks
mental health crisis rather than hospitalizing them.If this sounds
like the transformative recovery community you want to be a part
of, we want to hear from you.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- License or Registered Intern in Social Work, Mental Health,
Social Services, Psychology, or Human Services
- Have at least one year experience working within the field of
- Have an understanding of a trauma-informed approach
- Have an understanding of the transgender and queer
- Able to document group notes within timeframes
- Able to adhere to the policies and procedures of the
- Knowledgeable about the 12 steps, LGBTQ affirming care and the
process of recovery.
- Facilitates groups on a weekly basis.
- Prepare group activities as it relates to the topic within the
area of addiction, recovery, trauma, LGBTQ topics and utilize
holistic and creative interventions.
- Being responsible for conducting a structured group session for
1-2 hours with 10-15 adults.
- Conducting group in a manner that all individuals are respected
and heard with a non-judgmental trauma-informed approach.
- Maintain a clean group room appearance before leaving group
room including but not limited to lobby, group room, kitchen and
- Maintains confidentiality of client information and records;
and of facility proprietary, privileged, and/or confidential
- Delivers care in a non-judgmental and non-discriminatory
manner, sensitive to client and staff diversity.
- Complies with facility policies and procedures, promoting a
favorable/positive work atmosphere.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance.
- Attends in-services and educational training as necessary and
- Seeks out learning experiences and incorporates new knowledge
- Maintains flexibility and adaptability to expected and
unexpected changes in the work environment.
- Must be knowledgeable in google suite in addition to ems(Kipu)
and other basic computer skills.
- Must have college level writing skills.
- Must be able to sit for extended time periods.
- Must be able to type or write for extended time periods.
- Maintain a respectable representative of Inspire Recovery
- Have completed all DCF required CE classes
- Have completed all JCAHO required CE classes
- Have completed basic LGBTQ cultural awareness
- A LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, MCAP, CAP, or CAC
- A Masters in the area of social work, psychology or mental
- 1+ years experience working within the field of addiction
- Diversity and Race Equity training
- LGBTQIA+ culturally affirming: Understand the trauma that most
of our clients have faced and have a passion to work with the
transgender and queer community
- Ability to document with detail and criteria within time
- Ability to adhere to the policies and procedures of the
- Knowledgeable about the 12 steps, the process of recovery, the
trauma of gender dysphoria and other mental health diagnosis
through a trauma-informed lens.
- Able to communicate with the rest of the staff within the
- Has an upbeat, inspirational, positive outlook.
- Passion for working with the LGBTQIA+ community at a
trauma-informed substance use center.
- Ability to easily connect with people and inspire them to be
- Great communication and listening skills
- Attention to detailABOUT INSPIRE RECOVERY:Inspire Recovery is
an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic
information. Inspire Recovery is committed to providing access,
equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with
disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and
Keywords: Inspire Recovery, Miami , LGBTQ Affirming Addiction Therapist, Healthcare , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!