RN Infusion Therapy Seaside Home Health - North Palm Beach, FL
Company: Seaside Home Health
Location: North Palm Beach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Infusion Therapy Coordinator is responsible to oversee home
infusion therapy services and develop professional relationships
with physicians, pharmacists, home infusion nurses and health care
facility discharge planners.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collaborates with home health team to identify potential
patients for home infusion therapy.
2. Performs initial assessment to determine eligibility for home
3. Assigns clinician to make home visit within 24 hours of referral
to assess the home environment and initiate services.
4. Coordinates patient care between pharmacist, clinicians, and
physician regarding initial drug therapy, any drug therapy
problems, and changes in administration.
5. Facilitates communication between patient, family, and
caregiver, clinicians, pharmacist, physician, and delivery
personnel regarding the supplying, resupplying, and pick-up
6. Makes visits to organization patients who have been hospitalized
to keep abreast of condition and impending discharge.
7. Keeps physicians, hospital discharge planners, and organization
personnel, as appropriate, informed of home care patient progress
following hospital discharge.
8. Responds to billing department needs and confirms that
appropriate documentation is available, regarding home infusion
9. Performs direct patient care, as needed, in an efficient,
effective, and clinically correct manner.
10. Conducts in-service programs regarding home infusion therapy
services and specific infusion skills for nurses.
11. Provides portions of orientation and training for new
organization personnel regarding home infusion therapy
12. Serves as a resource for nurses and pharmacists regarding
information about home infusion services.
13. Provides input to assist the Clinical Director and Clinical
Supervisors in the evaluation of organization personnel
14. Adheres to professional and ethical standards of nursing
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary
of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related
tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional
nursing in the State.
2. Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of
nursing. BSN preferred.
3. Minimum of two years experience in home health nursing.
4. Professional certification by Infusion Nursing Society.
5. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good
Keywords: Seaside Home Health, Miami , RN Infusion Therapy Seaside Home Health - North Palm Beach, FL, Healthcare , North Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!