RN Infusion IV Therapy Per Diem North Miami
Company: Interim HealthCare - Miami, FL
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose:The Infusion/Intravenous Therapy
RN provides nursing management and care coordination of the patient
receiving infusion and/or intravenous therapy that is consistent
with standards of practice, established institutional policy and
state statutes, and under the order of a physician. Essential
- Monitors and evaluates patient response according to identified
criteria, and participates in quality management activities.
- Assess patients with regard to diagnosis, developmental stage
and/or special conditions that impact treatment or choice of
vascular access devices.
- Interact with health care team to keep them informed of any
changes in patient condition.
- Recognize abnormal conditions or potential problems, take
appropriate action, and notify appropriate personnel.
- Document interventions and evaluations accurately and promptly;
demonstrate understanding of policies within institution, and
interact with others to promote and enhance positive
- Initiate and maintain accurate accounting of instruments,
appliances and supplies used during procedures.
- Participate in activities to ensure the safety of the patient
(i.e., monitoring and use of equipment, medication and solutions;
positioning patient, use of aseptic technique and infection control
- Administer medications/infusions under the order of a physician
and according to state practice act.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Registered Nurse with current license in state(s) in which
he/she is employed and practices.
- Two (2) year RN experience within the past 5 years, which
includes the practice of infusion therapy in the medical-surgical
or critical care setting.
- Evidence of current CPR training card for infants, children and
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient
care.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of but may not be limited to Blood products and
infusion medications/solutions, indications for infusion, dosages,
side effects and potential toxicity.
- Verbal and written communication skills to facilitate the
translation of ideas and facts to persons within and beyond the
scope of infusion/intravenous therapy specialty.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, including but not
limited to the ability to manage stress appropriately, to make
decisions under pressure and handle multiple priorities.Working
Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is performed in clinics, schools, hospitals, nursing
homes, patient homes or occupational settings.
- Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or
hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
(e.g. face masks, goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves). #CB
Keywords: Interim HealthCare - Miami, FL, Miami , RN Infusion IV Therapy Per Diem North Miami, Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!