Cytogenetic Laboratory Technologist
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Career Opportunity at Igenomix:
Cytogenetic Laboratory Technologist Exciting opportunity with
Igenomix - Pioneers in advanced reproductive genetic testing.
Igenomix is a dynamic, fast-moving, successful Genetic Testing
Laboratory. It is committed to quality, service and
state-of-the-art technology based in Miami, FL. We work in an
evolving and exciting environment focused on serving in vitro
fertilization practices by offering genetic screening on embryos to
improve patient outcomes. As a successful, growing company, we are
looking for talented professionals for our Miami lab. We offer
opportunities that allow our team members to grow professionally
and contribute to advances in IVF. The job involves working
flexible/swing shifts. The candidate would be expected to be part
of a rotation in nights, weekends and holidays. Being able to work
independently and having experience in genetics or molecular
biology techniques are a plus, however we are prepared to train the
right candidate. Experience:
- 3 +year experience performing testing of patient samples and
related duties in a CLIA-regulated laboratory post certification,
- Relevant molecular skill set consisting of the molecular
fundamentals, RNA and DNA extraction, PCR, and gel electrophoresis
will be plus.
- Experience with real time PCR, microarray or sequencing
- Demonstrate clear ability to explain experience with specific
instrument platforms, including test principle(s), what controls
were in place, and how results were interpreted and reported out.
Key knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) in Biology,
Microbiology, Biochemistry, or relevant degrees.
- Cytogenetic License- Active in Florida
- Highly organized and strong work ethic.
- Understanding of the equipment used daily; including, but not
limited to centrifuges, thermal cyclers, and real-time PCR
- Understanding of CLIA requirements and experience with CAP
inspections for compliance with Checklist requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-past, deadline-driven
- Communication - Proficient verbal and written communication
skills, including ability to write clear reports and detailed
laboratory procedures with correct grammar and spelling.
Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all
levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired
- Teamwork - Commitment to the successful achievement of team and
organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help
other members of the team
- Dependable; follow instructions, respond to management
direction, complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with
an alternate plan.
- Visual acuity and analytical skills to distinguish fine
- Manual dexterity to use common laboratory equipment and perform
sterile techniques as required.
- Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
- All molecular testing is done on patient samples. These are
always considered bio-hazardous material. Tissue can be
- May be required to handle blood-borne pathogens and general
- Willingness to work different shifts is required.
- Rotation is required for Weekends/Nights/Holidays This is
unique opportunity to join a dynamic, growing company at an early
stage where the right person can have a big impact. * All offers of
employment at Igenomix USA are contingent upon clear results of a
thorough background check and completion of Form I-9 per federal
Keywords: Igenomix, Miami , Cytogenetic Laboratory Technologist, Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!