Medical Assistant - Bilingual in Creole
Company: FoundCare Inc
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionMedical Assistant – Bilingual in CreolePrimary
Purpose of the Medical Assistant is to perform administrative and
certain clinical duties under the direction of the RN Supervisor.
Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments,
maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance
purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital
signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination,
drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by
physician.Essential Job Functions
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and
information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the
rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure
their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and
physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them
instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving
injections or removing sutures.
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the
specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Assist with agency fundraising activities as requested,
including promoting events, selling tickets, soliciting donations,
and other tasks to support events.
- Understood and agreed that in this position you will not drive
for business purpose what so ever.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Required Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of handling administrative tasks and the information
and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries,
diseases, and deformities.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others, with or
without the use of an interpreter.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using the English
language, with or without the use of auxiliary aids or
- Ability to review, understand, and apply concepts presented in
training programs, conferences, and/or professional
- Clear understanding that FoundCare provides information on
educating individuals about safer sex practices which could include
but not be limited to: exposure to explicit language, explicit
printed material, and descriptions of explicit sexual activities,
as part of the agency's mission in the prevention and transmission
of HIV disease.Physical Requirements
- Ability to endure short, intermittent, and/or long periods of
sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
- Transport him/herself to other departments, conference rooms,
and on occasion, to off-site locations to accomplish job
responsibilities, attend meetings, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies, e.g. pens, pencils, calculators, computer
keyboard, telephone, etc.Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant Program
- Possess excellent 1 to 2 years' office/clerical skills.
- Ability to interact and work with diverse populations.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Previous experience in a patient care setting.
- Possess superior organizational, interpersonal, written/verbal
communication skills. PC Proficient.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues as indicated by experience working
in AIDS-related field, or with related social/medical problems in a
- Flexible schedule, allowing for weekends or evenings as
needed.FoundCare offers an excellent compensation package including
- Competitive base salary
- Full suite of benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life,
STD/LTD, Retirement plan with Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Career advancement
- Great work environment - we have the best employees FoundCare,
Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: FoundCare Inc, Miami , Medical Assistant - Bilingual in Creole, Healthcare , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!