NURSE, REGISTERED - SA IPU - 1FT 7pm-7:30am - KENDAL, FL - Miami, FL - Hospice Palliative Care RN
Company: Catholic Health Services
Posted on: August 6, 2022
NURSE, REGISTERED - SA IPU - 1FT 7pm-7:30am - KENDAL, FL -
CATHOLIC HOSPICE INC.REGISTERED NURSES- RNFULL TIME POSITION
AVAILABLE1 FT NIGHT SHIFT 7PM TO 7:30AMST. ANNE'S INPATIENT
UNITSOUTH MIAMI, FLORIDASummary & ObjectiveThe Registered Nurse is
responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family needs
and for providing preventive and supportive care to the terminally
ill patient/family unit. The Registered Nurse utilizes assessment,
intervention and teaching skills in caring for the patient/family
- Assess physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of
the patient and family within 24 hours of admission into the
- Completes accurate and appropriate documentation of
patient/family services within 24 hours of visit and maintains
accuracy of electronic medical record including accuracy of
- Coordinates care to the patient and family within the
Interdisciplinary team and availability of all resources.
- Collaborates with Nursing Home staff by initiating the written
plan of care, maintaining professional management of hospice care
and attending care plan meetings.
- Actively participates in quality assurance and performance
improvement projects as directed by Clinical Team.
- Serves as case manager and advocate to the patient and family
while collaborating with attending physicians, insurance case
managers, skilled nursing facility staff, assisted living facility
staff as well as all health-related practitioners.
- Administers medications and treatments prescribed by the
attending physician and/or hospice physician.
- Attends and participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as
- Participates in hospice activities such as Memorial Services,
Community Education, etc., as requested by the Team Manager.
- Provide orientation on a regular basis to new employees.
- Ensure effective communication with Interdisciplinary
- Participate with on-call rotations.
- Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a
positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Coordinate several projects at the same time with competing
- Ability to coordinate several projects at the same time with
competing demands and tight time lines.
- Demonstrate adherence to Catholic Hospice, Inc. policies and
procedures and pertinent State and Federal Rules and
- Able to identify and provide ongoing assessment of the
physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the patient
and family and act accordingly or initiate appropriate intervention
or referral.*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the position.Other Duties
- Evaluates services provided by the Hospice Aide every two weeks
with periodic on-site supervisory visits if needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospice levels of care, Medicare and
Medicaid Hospice Benefits by providing appropriate documentation
when the need arises.
- Provides on-going assessments of physical, psychological,
social and spiritual needs of the patient and family and initiates
appropriate intervention or referral.
- Actively participate in the care planning process, updating
care plans according to the needs of the patient in the IPU.
- Provides education to a diverse group of caregivers audibly and
in writing, on how to properly care for patient/family care.
- Participates in the team responsibility of providing patient
care twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Consistently able to work calmly and maintain effectiveness in
situations of high stress.
- Maintaining the ability to extend hospitality and patience
while assisting patients, families, physicians and peers under
- Attend home deaths as required and communicating with
physician, funeral home, and team (if applicable)
- Provide accurate and appropriate documentation and submit
- Ability to lift and move patients according to accepted nursing
standards of body mechanics.
- Ability to travel to any location throughout South Florida as
needed and expand territory as business needs dictate (if
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Supervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc.DisclaimerThe job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other
duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time.EEOC StatementCHS provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.PM19
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN); Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Clear and Active Registered Nurse license to practice in the
state of Florida.
- 1-2 years of nursing experience preferred. Hospice nursing
- Certification in Hospice & Palliative Medicine (CHPN)
preferred; required within two years of employment. (Eligible upon
completion of 500 hours in last 12 months of hospice/palliative
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, Miami , NURSE, REGISTERED - SA IPU - 1FT 7pm-7:30am - KENDAL, FL - Miami, FL - Hospice Palliative Care RN, Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!