RN Population Health - Evernorth - West Palm Beach FL - Med Surg
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: September 23, 2022
RN Population Health - Evernorth - West Palm Beach FLThe Onsite
RN Population Health Coach will alternately between West Palm
Beach, Wellington and Delray FL health Centers, and will work
closely with Cigna Benefits and Account Management Teams in
executing Cigna's wellbeing and health management goals. The
primary focus of the RN is clinic functions, care coordination and
individual coaching, and site health promotion.
In collaboration, with the Cigna Onsite Health Centers and Cigna
benefits and account teams, the RN facilitates onsite virtual
appointments connecting the patient to the off-site provider and
provides wellness counseling as well as individual coaching
sessions. A core objective of this position is to facilitate
wellness programs that educate and influence employees at the
worksite to lead healthy lifestyles, as well as to provide care
coordination for those with care gaps or needs that may be more
The RN organizes with appropriate delivery and coordination of
wellness programs including event scheduling and appointment
coordination, and monitors effectiveness of the programs.
This position is with Evernorth, a new business within the Cigna
Sound like you? Great! Here's more on how you'll make a
Clinical Functions/Virtual & Telemedicine
Prepping patient for virtual provider:
* Clinical photos
* CLIA waived testing
Overall management and day to day operations of the health
* Ordering Supplies
* CLIA testing
* Health Center review compliance
* Order management
* Daily clinic compliance testing
Care Coordination & Coach Responsibilities
Monitoring & Coaching
* Provide brief, regularly scheduled or spontaneous counseling to
reinforce prior education as appropriate, or to support and
* Help engage patient in ownership and self-care of their
* Alert provider of any psychosocial concerns uncovered in the
course of coaching if not already documented.
* Provide onsite support to patients in order to help them identify
a need for behavior change to improve health status, reduce health
risks and improve quality of life.
* Review progress on patient goals with patient, documenting
interactions and interventions as directed using Cigna health
technology tools, and forward to provider for input, passing along
input from provider to patient.
Education and Triage/Referring
* Review/reinforce care plan with patient, once created by provider
and assess future educational and/or program referral needs.
* Collect and organize data from patient to present to provider;
notify patient of provider recommendations, if any.
* Triage patients in whom medical, psychosocial, or economic issues
are uncovered by MA/Health Coach and referred to them, and ensure
they are connected with the appropriate internal or community
resource, in consultation with provider.
* Consult with other onsite health and wellness resources to ensure
patient's comprehensive health needs are being addressed.
* Care Coordination & Population Health
* Generate population health reports as directed by provider, and
delegate tasks based on results to MA and/or Health Coach
* Review population health analytics tools to identify targets for
outreach or trends (with MD/NP)
* Use gaps in care reports to contact and schedule overdue
screenings or labs; request order from provider for these to be
placed in Epic
* Engage (enroll) high-risk patients in Care Management
* Review/reinforce Care Plan with patient, once created by
* Ensure patient is on MyChart
* Monitor ER visit and hospital discharge records in Care
Everywhere and assure that a timely office visit with the provider
is scheduled, preferably in a week, via tasking the MA for
follow-up appointment scheduling
* Obtain results of outside labs, radiology test, and office notes
from consultants and outside providers reported by the patient but
not captured in Care Everywhere, and forward to provider
* Monitor progress toward goals for metrics being tracked and
assist providers with meeting them through collaboration, data
collection and focused efforts with specific patients.
* Understands healthcare costs and how to reduce cost
Site Health Promotion
Collaborate in development and coordination of promotions and
* Educate about wellness programs, tools and services
* Raise awareness and create visibility for wellness centers
* Support the design and implementation of site Health Fairs
Workplace strategy in partnership with Cigna benefits team
* Review local metrics, history, interests and engagement to design
locally relevant initiatives
* Coordinate and pilot initiatives.
Wellness Infrastructure Development
* Identify barriers to engagement
* Network with Key people and divisions
* The RN will have travel expectations to identified locations
within the organization for coordination purposes (25% travel).
What we expect from you:
* Active and unrestricted RN license in Florida
* Minimum of 3 or more years clinical experience as a Registered
Nurse in a physician's office or hospital setting
* Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in health and wellness
* Experience with direct patient communication (written and
* Experience with workplace wellbeing strategy and
* Demonstrated experience and ability in providing superior Client
service to organizations and individuals.
* Positive role model in demonstrating healthy behaviors.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of behavior change theories
and their application.
* Working knowledge of wellness programming and individual
* Proven administrative abilities with strong computer and software
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
* Demonstrated ability to set priorities.
* A high energy level and excellent written and oral communication
skills are essential.
* Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Passion for health improvement.
* Self-directness and the ability succeed in an independent
Bonus Points for:
* Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field
* CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) successful exam
* Experience in health education and wellness coaching
* Experience conducting educational and support groups
This RN Population Health Coach will be based on site supporting
our centers in Delray, Wellington & West Palm Beach FL and
relocation is not offered.
Cigna is committed to a healthy work force. New hires must
successfully complete a background check, drug and nicotine screen
to be employed in this role.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the
internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or
fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least
10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
Evernorth, Cigna Corporation's health services segment, exists to
elevate health for all. We're building on our legacy and redefining
health care as we know it. Unbiased in how we think, we create
without limitation. We partner without constraints, deliver value
differently and act in the interest of humanity. Solving across
silos, closing gaps in care, and empowering clients, customers, and
people everywhere to move onward and upward. When you work with us,
you'll be empowered to solve the problems others don't, won't or
can't. Join us. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or
related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or
familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online
application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire
tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible.
Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be
considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking
cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These
states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware,
Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland,
Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah,
Vermont, and Washington State.
Keywords: Cigna, Miami , RN Population Health - Evernorth - West Palm Beach FL - Med Surg, Healthcare , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!