Safety Officer (Occupational Health and Safety Specialists)
Company: Board of Certified Safety Professionals
Posted on: November 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYThe Miami Job Corps Center is hiring a Safety
Officer (OSH) responsible for ensuring a safe working and learning
environment on Center for all students and staff. The Officer
interprets and evaluates Center's safety policies and procedures
and uses proper judgment and discretion to avoid health and safety
- Maintains a safe Center environment, in compliance with all
local, State and Federal guidelines.
- Responsible for overall coordination and execution of the
Center's safety program and preparing and implementing the Center's
occupational safety and health plan.
- Provides orientation and training to students and staff on
safety and health topics and develop safety campaigns on-Center to
reduce accidents and injuries.
- Prepares the Center to ensure positive safety and health
- Inspects all center areas for safety and health violations and
advise the Center Director of concerns.
- Ensure that personal protective equipment is worn in classrooms
and compliant with OSHA standards and coordinate occupational
health and safety with Center's departments and training
- Completes all required accident and injury reports in full
compliance with the PRH, OSHA regulations, and company
- Facilitates and document required occupational safety and
health committee meetings; retain meeting minutes for 3 years and
make them available upon request.
- Produces quality work and completes assignments in a thorough,
timely and accurate mannerQUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate of Arts
degree from an accredited school preferred.
- A minimum of one-year experience in safety management or
related field required.
- OSHA Certification required.
- Must possess a valid in- State Driver's License and meet
Company insurability requirements.
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing,
walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching,
stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds
and / or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for
necessary assistance.Equal Opportunity Employer NoticeAdams and
Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR - -
60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibits
discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status
as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and
prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their
race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. Moreover, these
regulations require that covered prime contractors and
subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability." This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Keywords: Board of Certified Safety Professionals, Miami , Safety Officer (Occupational Health and Safety Specialists), Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!