Registered Nurse-FT-Nights - West Palm Beach, FL - Med Surg
Company: Lakeside Medical Center
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Registered Nurse-FT-Nights - West Palm Beach, FL
General Statement of JobThis position provides skilled professional
nursing care and treatment for patients of the Edward J. Healey
Rehabilitation and Nursing Center including long term care
residents, rehabilitation residents, complex care residents and
terminally ill persons.-- This position is part of the managed care
team and works collaboratively with ancillary personnel in the
provision of proper medical services and treatment. This position
assists persons in achieving highest physical, mental, and
psychosocial level of functioning. Employees in this position
perform duties in accordance with established regulations,
policies, nursing standards, and medical instructions.
- Assesses residents and identify and document residents'
problems, symptoms, or behavioral changes.
- Implements and provides care in accordance with the assessed
resident care needs and medical condition.--
- Completes assessments and documentation of new
admissions/transfers and discharges including the interim plan of
- Obtains and transcribes physician orders for new admissions or
any required orders from changes in conditions.-- Ensure orders are
received in accordance with facility policy and format.
- Ensures that orders are transcribed and carried out as ordered
and all related procedures are followed for each order including
labs, radiography, outside appointments.
- Orders medications from pharmacy and in-house supply to ensure
that residents receive medications at the correct time.--
- Reviews clinical reports (such as lab and radiography) and
reports variances to the physician or .. APRN and document
- Assigns various aspects of resident care to selective
personnel, as commensurate with the authority of an RN and the
scope of practice of the personnel.--
- Supervises and evaluates all direct resident care provided and
initiate appropriate action as needed.--
- Reports any employee performance which is not in accordance
with facility standards to the Nurse Manager.--
- Provides supervision of residents during meal time and assist
with feeding as needed.
- Encourages residents to participate in activities and ensure
residents are taken to selected activities
- Administers medications and therapeutic treatments (dressings,
respiratory treatments, tracheotomy care, G.U. care) to residents
according to established resident care plans and documents
accurately and in accordance with facility policy and standards of
- Provides assistance to residents in need of personal care
(e.g., bathing, dressing, transporting, feeding).
- Ensures call lights are answered in a timely manner and answer
call lights as needed.
- Performs considerable administrative support work in
documenting, reviewing, and maintaining records, files, charts,
forms, and reports.
- Completes and charts vital signs, (TPR, blood pressure, pain),
food and liquid intake, and related data.
- Provides complex nursing care of patients/residents in
accordance with physician orders.
- Ensures safety of patients during administering of all medical
and therapeutic procedures.
- Notifies attending physician/ APRN --of changes in resident
- Notifies family/HC surrogate of changes in condition in
accordance with OBRA regulations.
- Completes reports for any resident with an unusual occurrence
and conduct the assessment and notifications necessary.-- Monitors
any resident with an incident for 72 hours post incident.
- Accompanies physician and/or APRN on routine rounds.
- Conducts walking rounds at the start and end of each shift
visually checking each resident and provide a written end-of-shift
- Maintains security of controlled drugs.-- Counts the controlled
drugs at the start of the shift to ensure an accurate count at the
start of the shift.-- Records all medications administered at the
time of administration on the 'count sheets'.-- Reconciles the
count with the oncoming nurse at the end of the shift.-- Turns keys
to the oncoming shift after the count is completed and signed as
- Acts as a perception when assigned and assist with the clinical
orientation of new nursing staff.
- Assists with C.N.A.s, L.P.N.s performance evaluations as
- Ensures the proper functioning of emergency equipment including
checks of the emergency cart and document the outcome.
- Participates in care planning and conferences for resident
- Maintain all equipment in accordance with facility and
infection control policies and manufacturer instructions.--
Document as required.
- Conducts emergency care as needed.
- Emergency duty may be required of the incumbent that includes
working in Red Cross shelters or to perform other emergency duties
including, but not limited to, responses to threats or disasters,
man-made or natural.
- Associate's, Bachelor's, or Diploma in Nursing
- Two (2) years previous experience in Medical
Surgical/Rehabilitation or Long Term Care nursing as a licensed
nurse preferred. Certification:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart
- State of Florida, Department of Health Registered Nurse
required.Health Care District of Palm Beach County is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. We embrace
diversity and do not discriminate based on--race, religion, color,
national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Lakeside Medical Center, Miami , Registered Nurse-FT-Nights - West Palm Beach, FL - Med Surg, Healthcare , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!