Company: Continuum Care of Miami
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Continuum Care of Miami - JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Clinical Manager is responsible for ensuring that patient care
is coordinated and managed appropriately. The Clinical Manager is
responsible for ensuring that care and services are delivered
appropriately and for the supervision of clinical personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information
related to case, including home visits, to determine hospice/home
care needs. Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as
needed. Conferences with MEDICAL DIRECTOR regarding any questions
about an individual's eligibility for services.
2. Reviews and evaluates each case through a variety of means such
as home visits, conferences, record review and the services
provided by clinicians; discusses and verifies impressions,
instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective
performance and delivery of quality home care services; and is
available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians
3. Reviews patient's medical diagnosis, prognosis, medications,
procedures and clinical course.
4. Performs medical records management and workflow in EMR
5. Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term
therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of
6. Attends case conference meetings with hospice personnel to
facilitate coordination of care and discussion of interdisciplinary
7. Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and
recommendations to Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care
Services and hospice personnel.
8. Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new
employees and makes recommendations for employment of individuals.
Assists in the orientation of new employees.
9. Assists Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care Services and
other supervisory hospice personnel in the planning, implementation
and evaluation of inservice and continuing education programs.
Assists in the formulating, revising, implementing, and evaluating
organization policies, procedures, goals and objectives, both short
and long range.
10. Complies with accepted professional standards and
11. Assesses health needs of community and assists in the
development of plan(s)/ program(s) to meet needs. Participates in
public relation and community activities that promote the
organization's role as an effective member of the hospice and
health care delivery system. Promotes customer service orientation
to all hospice personnel.
12. Participates actively in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
13. Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the
Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care Services.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary
of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related
tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional
nursing in the state.
2. Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing with a BSN degree
is preferred or a minimum of one (1) year experience as a
professional nurse within the last three (3) years.
3. Previous experience in hospice/home care setting and with two
(2) years management or supervisory experience. Proven ability to
work within an interdisciplinary setting.
4. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
5. HCHB and Pointcare experience preferred
6. Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment and
communication skills. Understands hospice philosophy and issues of
7. Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
8. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in
good working order.
9. Complies and maintains current CPR certification.
10. Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written
Keywords: Continuum Care of Miami, Miami , Clinical Manager, Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!