Clinical Business Development (Domiciled in South Florida)
Company: Western Governors University
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: January 25, 2023
If you're passionate about building a better future for
individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to
working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU
as the next step in your career.Driven by a mission to expand
access to higher education through online, competency-based degree
programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for
a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The
university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century,
one that has received praise from academic, industry, government,
and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a
part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better
tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Current WGU employees must submit their internal application before
01/31/22 to be considered for the position.Essential Functions and
- Develops and manages relationships with hospitals, skilled
nursing facilities, and other sites for all clinical placement
programs within the Leavitt School of Health.
- Researches and evaluates potential healthcare sites to
determine if they qualify for future partnership.
- Obtains initial signatures and renewal signatures on contracts
between Western Governors University and clinical sites, based on
alignment with course competencies.
- Manages relationships with existing clinical agency partners to
ensure student and clinical site satisfaction as well as successful
clinical experiences for all clinical placement programs and
sustains or increases placement commitments.
- Responsible for the identification and assessment of concerns
related to clinical experiences; facilitates appropriate
intervention with the CSDWM.
- Creates and delivers presentations to key hospital and site
- Develops innovative partnerships with hospital and site
educators and leadership to provide educational services.
- Cultivates relationships to source potential full and part-time
- Maintains complete knowledge and understanding of WGU
curriculum and clinical placement programs, and able to effectively
explain the model to clinical partners.
- Participates in academic planning to secure clinical
partnerships to ensure adequate student clinical placement.
- Develops deep partnerships to increase WGU's reach and
- Serves as role model for faculty, staff, and students in the
areas of customer service, collaboration, communication,
excellence, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group
problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Develops a relevant strategic plan for overall fiscal year
goals which include partnership launches, maintenance, and project
- Engages in consistent partnership communication that will
enhance WGU being top of mind for educational opportunities.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation of all
activities, tasks, contacts, and account management
- Meets with the CSDWM weekly and as needed to discuss timelines
and progress towards the acquisition of clinical sites
- Authentically projects and reflects the mission of WGU add its
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skill and
- Skill in inside sales and/or sales support techniques.
- Knowledge of business development and/or sales
- Strong knowledge or experience working in healthcare field,
directly with or for providers.
- Ability to make presentations to healthcare leaders and
educators and be comfortable developing relationships via phone and
- Knowledge and use of Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite is
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational
issues and challenges.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and
phases of the project life cycle.
- Professional knowledge and ability in strategic planning,
marketing, and sales concepts.
- Ability to travel as required.Competencies: Organizational
- Works to achieveoperational targets withsignificant to
majorimpact on department,Function, or Officeresults. May
beresponsible for managinglarge projects orprocesses within
- Performs workas directed withlimited oversight.Problem Solving
& Decision Making:
- Responsible forleveraging a
improvementsof processes, systems,and plans within thedepartment,
- Problems and issuesfaced are numerous
andchallenging,willrequiredetailed informationgathering and
analysis.Problems typically affectmultiple areas
orspecialties.Communication & Influence:
- Collaborates cross-functionally withemployeeswithin and outside
withparties external to theUniversity.
- Works to influenceparties within andoutside thedepartment,
Function, orOffice regarding policies,procedures,
andpractices.Leadership & Talent Management
- Isresponsible forproviding guidance,coaching, and training
toother employees in thedepartment, Function, orOffice.Responsible
for managingprojects involvingdelegation of work andreview of
- Demonstratesthe WGUleadership principles inall aspects of
service tostudents, employees,andpartners ofWGU.Job
- Domiciled in South Florida
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Health Related
field from an accredited institution
- Three (3) years of successful demonstration of business
development and/or sales competencies.
- Experience to include making presentations to healthcare
leaders and educators and developing relationships via phone and in
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in Business,
Marketing or Health Related field.
- Five (5) Years of experience working in healthcare field,
directly with or for providers.
- Prior experience and knowledge of project management
methodologies and Salesforce or related software.Physical
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time independently by car,
train, transit, and plane.#LI-Remote#LI-TT1
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength
lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
Keywords: Western Governors University, Miami , Clinical Business Development (Domiciled in South Florida), Healthcare , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!