RN - Doral UCC (Full Time, Evenings) - Med Surg
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
RN - Doral UCC (Full Time, Evenings)Job Summary
Responsible for the planning and delivery of care utilizing nursing processes: assessment, implementation and evaluation. Oversees the plan of care, utilizes effective problem solving strategies, and applies evidence based practices. Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet designated hospital and Patient Bill of Rights. Provides compassionate and family centered care for Urgent Care Center (UCC) patients. Practices under the supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
* RN licensure within the State of Florida - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
* American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
* American Heart Association PALS within 2 years of hire - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
* Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) required within 3 months of hire (current staff must obtain by 12/31/2018) - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* BSN degree or currently enrolled in a BSN degree program.
* 1 year of experience as an RN in a Pediatric ED/UCC or ICU setting preferred.
* Career Development: National certification Certified Pediatric Nurse (i.e. ANCC, CPN, or RNBC) preferably within 5 years of hire.
* PEARS (Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization) completion within two years of hire- maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
* Proficiency in computers and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred.
* Possesses a passion for learning.
* Able to analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
* Ability to apply principles of evidenced-based practice, analytical thinking and service excellence in practice.
* Able to float to various urgent care centers as needed while maintaining the delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service.
* Able to pick up on-call assignment per department and hospital policy.
Job Specific Duties
* Communicates patient's progress including critical findings & changes in condition with physician and/or disciplines involved in the care of the child. Performs and documents discharge instructions.
* Completes intakes to prepare patient to be seen by the medical team including vital signs, weight, height, symptoms, and history.
* Delegates nursing care based on knowledge of staff qualifications and competency.
* Performs intake assessment on patients with an emergency condition.
* Performs nursing treatments and follows physician team orders for medication administration, IV hydration, aerosol respiratory support, etc. on assigned patients.
* Plans, coordinates, and implements a transfer to a higher level of care for EMTALA transfers.
* Obtains parental immunization consent for every immunization administered per policy.
* Assists Physician in procedures (I&D, lacerations, sutures removal) as needed.
* Follows physician's orders, checks labs, tests, and administers patient medications when needed. Adheres to six rights of medication administration per Medication administration policy.
* Assesses IV sites after removal of IV to check for infiltration and redness.
* Ensures safe analgesics/narcotics administration, monitoring and reassessment as per hospital Pain Management policy and procedure.
* Asses electronic health record independently according to hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation within 24 hours in the patient's electronic health record.
* Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care and solicits input. Communicates any patient and family concerns to physician.
* Provides education and documents patient/family teachings on health related needs (i.e. disease, medications, treatments, pain, discharge, safety, nutrition, skin care, etc.).
* Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by consistently performing thorough hand-offs (utilizing SBAR) and infection prevention measures.
* Ensures safe/effective/efficient care delivery with emphasis on absence of medication errors & blood borne infections, avoidance of falls from surface, ouch-free procedural pain, & reduction of pain.
* Completes chart reviews observe for Accreditation and Regulatory Compliance.
* Completes charges on all assigned patients.
* Demonstrates proper personal protective equipment (PPE) indication and use.
* Meets or exceeds unit standards in achieving a 95% CEI; completes documentation in a timely manner; accountable to regulatory and requirements of the DNV, CMS, DOH, & ACHA.
* Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
RN - Doral UCC (Full Time, Evenings)Job Summary
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Miami , RN - Doral UCC (Full Time, Evenings) - Med Surg, Healthcare , Miami, Florida
here to apply!