Home Hospice RN Team Director
Company: Moments Hospice
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Hospice RN Team DirectorMoments HospiceFull-Time -
Nurses looking for autonomy and variety should consider practicing
in Hospice Care. As a Home Hospice RN Team Director at Moments
Hospice, you will join a team that is dedicated to making our
patients' final days, weeks, and months as comfortable as
Support from our Team:
- Employer contributions towards medical insurance plans
- Employer-paid dental, vision, short- and long-term disability,
and life insurance options
- Opportunities for growth within the Moments Hospice
- Experienced team of Regional Director of Clinical Operators
available as resources and mentors
- 120 hours of PTO, 6 paid holidays, and 2 additional floating
- Mileage and company cell phone
- Structured training and preceptorship program
As the Hospice Clinical Manager, you will direct and lead the
Interdisciplinary team, helping to meet the needs of the hospice
patient and family in a manner consistent with the guidelines and
policies of Moments Hospice. Your team consists of Nurses, Nurse
Aides, Social Workers, Spiritual Care Providers, a Volunteer
Coordinator, a Bereavement Coordinator, and many other support
functions to create a fulfilling experience for our patients and
their families. You will be the hub for communication regarding
patient care and will promote a positive working relationship with
the family, physician, and others involved in their care.
- Directly supervises the interdisciplinary team.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and
terminating (with administrative approval) all interdisciplinary
team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining colleagues; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Reads and incorporates into practice the requirements of the
Hospice Conditions of Participation for Medicare, applicable
accreditation standards, and state or other rules and regulations
as applicable to the program.
- Oversees the consultative process between the Medical Director
and the members of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), assists in
requesting appropriate care orders and attendance to identified
patient needs if patient's attending physician is not
- Attends/Leads Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings,
- Patient care needs are identified and discussed with the full
complement of the IDT.
- All required members of the core team are present and engaged
in the IDT meeting.
- Required documentation is completed during and at the
conclusion of the IDT meeting to capture the discussion and
outcomes of the meeting.
- Patient re-certifications are discussed and completed in a
- Documentation of the patient-centered plan of care and the
implementation of interventions for patient care including changes
in level of care, medication changes, changes to visit frequency,
or need for emergency transportation.
- Participates in the development and update of patient care
policies and emergency procedures.
- Ensures hospice services are available 24/7.
- Follows state regulatory requirements for supervision of
- Manages all members of the IDT including aspects of scheduling,
productivity, mentoring, pay practices, time keeping, performance
reviews, and colleague support.
- Models desired behaviors including timeliness, punctuality,
attendance, collaboration, open communication, and equitable
- Actively collaborates regarding QAPI activities and provides
feedback and input into Performance Improvement.
- Participates in performance improvement programs.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
- Upholds a personal philosophy of integrity and commitment;
communicates proactively when schedule changes are needed.
- Analyzes and reports on quality metrics including Hospice Item
Set, CAHPS, and symptom management outcomes.
- Establishes departmental goals consistent with Moments Hospice
goals and objectives.
- Supervises patient and family care as specified by the plan of
care, assessing appropriateness, continuity, service, and quality
- Models and facilitates communication between colleagues
including medical records, business office, intake, clinical team,
- Participates in care delivery for patients as needed including
conducting admissions, recertification visits, routine visits, and
- Manages the care for a caseload of patients if needed to
support ebb and flow of census changes.
- Participates in after-hours shifts as needed including primary
and back-up on-call.
- Serves as the administrator on call when scheduled.
- Make and/or delegate post-admissions calls.
- Directs responsibility for the management of Pharmacy, Medical
Supplies, Durable Medical Equipment, Mileage and Labor for program
to meet budget expectations.
- May be designated the administrator or alternate administrator
for the licensure of the program based on state
- Ensures maximum utilization of resources.
- Promotes a positive and collaborative culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Registered Nurse with minimum of three years in Healthcare
required, preferably in Nursing Facility, Home Health or Hospice
setting. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Experience in
leadership or management strongly preferred.
About Moments HospiceMoments Hospice is a leading hospice
organization determined to change the hospice experience for
patients, families, and team members. Our promise to our patients
is, "We personalize our care and treat you like family." We are
dedicated to making our patients' final days, weeks, and months as
comfortable as possible. The promise to treat everyone like family
also flows through the daily work environment, where all employees
are part of the Moments family. We offer a workplace that employees
are proud to be a part of. Moments Hospice has grown to over 19
offices in 6 states.
Keywords: Moments Hospice, Miami , Home Hospice RN Team Director, Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...