Registered Nurse 2 - Urology
Company: University of Miami
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or
Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click to log
in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how
to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet,
please review this .The University of Miami/UHealth -has an
exciting opportunity for a Full Time Register Nurse 2 in our Miami
Desai Sethi Urology Institute.SIGN - ON BONUS: $10,000SUMMARYThe
Registered Nurse 2 delivers patient-family centered care in a
culturally competent manner utilizing evidence-based standards of
quality, safety, and service while ensuring population-specific
patient care. The Registered Nurse 2 oversees nurses and allied
health staff in their daily practice.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses assigned patients and evaluates plans to include
documentation of nursing care.
- Reports symptoms and changes in patients' condition and vital
- Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses, conditions and physician orders.
- Reviews, evaluates and reports diagnostic tests to assess
- Consults with physicians and other healthcare professionals
related to assigned patients to assess, plan, implement and
evaluate patient care plans. -
- Prepares patients for, and assists with examinations,
procedures and treatments. -
- Considers patient age and culture during patient treatments and
provides any needed information regarding treatment plan. -
- Nurtures a compassionate environment by providing psychological
- Performs appropriate patient tests and safely administers
medications within the scope of practice. -
- Administers and maintains accurate records related to
medications and treatments as per regulatory bodies, policies,
procedures and physician orders.
- Communicates plan of care in a timely manner to patient and
family, as well as the appropriate team members, ensuring
compliance with all regulatory guidelines (i.e. HIPAA). Uses best
practices for transition of patient care.
- Uses available resources to assist in discharge planning.
- Plans, prioritizes, and adjusts assignments to accomplish goals
and render superior patient care; seeks assistance when
- Adapts to changing work demands and environment.
- Safely operates medical equipment.
- Serves as a preceptor and assists new staff in the provision of
care in order to help them acclimate to the healthcare environment,
and a direct patient care role.
- Provides concise and constructive feedback when needed.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures
and safeguards University assets.Education:Graduate from an
accredited school of nursing, Bachelor's degree (BSN) preferred.
RNs hired with an Associates (ASN) degree have 2 years to complete
the BSN degreeCertification and Licensing:Florida Registered Nurse
LicenseBasic Life Support Certification (BLS)ONS/ONCC
Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy provider card preferred, or within 3
months of hire -Experience:Urological background strongly preferred
but not required.Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and
procedures (i.e., sanitation, decontamination etc.)
- Excellent patient experience skills
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
formThe University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition
remission and more.UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South
Florida's only university-based health system, provides
leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research
and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an
academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin
America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100
specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million
patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has
earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and
patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.Patient
safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the
flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami
Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide
ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and
clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or
clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination.
Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or
termination of employment.The University of Miami is an Equal
Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on
certain categories protected by Federal law. Click for additional
information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay
Keywords: University of Miami, Miami , Registered Nurse 2 - Urology, Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...