Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Medicine, Cardiology (Miami Transplant Institute)
Company: University of Miami
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or
Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click to log
in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how
to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet,
please review this .CORE JOB SUMMARYThe Advanced Practice
Registered Nurse (APRN) delivers medical care to a wide variety of
patients. The APRN also examines and treats patients independently
and in autonomous collaboration with other health care
professionals. Ensures proper illness and injury care and disease
prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. May prescribe
medications and order diagnostic tests. Advises patients about
continuing care. -CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs and documents complete physical examinations and
comprehensive health histories.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and
physical for patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative
to patient's age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or
maintain physiologic stability.
- Assists with the provision of care in accordance with facility,
state, and federal regulations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health
care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by
providing educational tools.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures
and safeguards University assets.This list of duties and
responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be
expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as
necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONSEducation:Master's degree in relevant
fieldCertification and Licensing:Valid State of Florida APRN
LicenseExperience:Minimum 2years of relevant experienceKnowledge,
Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure
while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
form.Department Specific FunctionsEvaluates and manages care of
Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologypatients at the
Miami Transplant Institute (MTI) at Jackson Memorial Hospital. This
includes history taking and physical examination, ordering and
interpreting diagnostic testing. Coordinates the discharge planning
and outpatient care for patients consulted, in collaboration with
the Attending. Providing patient education; coordinating and
conducting clinical and telephone follow-up of patients. -Other
duties may include, but are not limited to: -
- Performs Post-operative evaluation including taking a medical
history and performing a physical examination, orders and
interprets appropriate diagnostic tests and provides patient
- Maintains open communication with consult ordering physicians
by providing patient updates and recommendations for outpatient
- Ensures continuity of care by managing medication orders in
transition from outpatient to inpatient setting and vice
- Writes orders and performs procedures in coordination with
attending transplant physician.
- Provides staff education about new clinical protocols, patient
management, research protocols. Develops staff competencies in
cooperation with clinical managers on the patient care units.
- Acts as patient advocate by transmitting patient and family
concerns to physician team members.
- Obtains all post-clinic lab studies and discuss results with
- Makes post-clinic follow-up phone calls informing patients of
lab results and medication changes.
- Participates in other inpatient duties as assigned.The
University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and
more.UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's
only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient
care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education
at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we
are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and
sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters
each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide
recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care.
We're the challenge you've been looking for.Patient safety is a top
priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season
(September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of
Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to
patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where
patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care
areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet
this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of
employment.The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are
protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected
by Federal law. Click for additional information.Job Status:Full
timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:n10
Keywords: University of Miami, Miami , Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Medicine, Cardiology (Miami Transplant Institute), Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...