Company: Florida Spine & Joint Ins
Posted on: May 28, 2023
MEDICAL ASSISTANT- Check out this opportunity !!!
*** Greater Miami area ***
Are you ready for a CAREER instead of just a job? This is an
exciting opportunity to work, learn and grow with a company that
will provide you with:
- A Culture of Caring with a team that invests the time and
resources to foster your growth as a health care professional.
- An environment that encourages health care research for more
efficient patient care.
- The opportunity for you to work with the latest technology and
- The advantage of being a part of a nation-wide family of
professionals with shared interests who work together to reach a
common goal of better health for people in Florida. Full-time
opportunity - 8:15am to 5:00pm with occasional additional
Minimum of 2 years of experience Required
Highly Competitive Compensation & a Fantastic Benefits Program
At iRISE, we are passionate about healthcare and compassionate
about helping people restore their quality of life. If you share
the same drive to help people find relief from chronic pain, push
the limits of healthcare technology and create a patient-centric
environment where our patients can thrive, then we want you to join
iRISE employs over 20 providers within 12 clinics to work together
to deliver the most advanced integrated care in Florida and
OVERVIEW: Assists in examination and treatment of patients under
direction of provider by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Rooms patients as per protocol.
- Interviews patients appropriately & documents in EMR.
- Obtains vitals as necessary including pulse rate, temperature,
blood pressure, weight, and height, and documents in EMR.
- Assists with post-operative patients as needed: suture and/or
staple removals, wound cleaning, dressing changes, steri-strip
- Obtain consents as necessary as per protocol for patients.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and
equipment as necessary.
- Assists with sterile procedures.
- Ability to set up and maintain sterile field.
- Accurately performs medication count.
- Maintains logs as per protocol.
- Assist, hands instruments and materials to provider as
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment & instruments per
- Cleans patient exam room as appropriate.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials as
- Prepares injections for providers as necessary as per
- Assists with consents as per protocol.
- Documents in the medical record appropriately and
- Assists with providers in ordering diagnostic imaging, etc. and
assisting with referrals as per protocol.
- Performs blood draws on patients as necessary.
- Patient information is appropriately recorded into EMR.
- Assist with phones when needed.
- Documents telephone encounters in EMR as per protocol.
- Provide coverage in multiple locations.
- Other duties as assigned including administrative and/or
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality. KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of all related medical testing, injections and
- Knowledge of clinical lab functions.
- Knowledge of patient charting and recordkeeping processes.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Good computer and technology skills. ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communications abilities.
- Well organized.
- Able to correctly operate all related medical equipment.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Creole) preferred. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE,
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- 2-4 years experience preferred; experience in orthopedics or
interventional pain management a plus.
- Medical assistant school completion CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
- Medical Assistant diploma or certification PHYSICAL DEMANDS -
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Light work; exerts up to 20 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 10
This is an opportunity to find a career in a growing healthcare
organization that will provide stability and growth - An
Opportunity Worth YOU!
Keywords: Florida Spine & Joint Ins, Miami , MEDICAL ASSISTANT, Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...