Physician/Attending - Allergy & Immunology (Miami, FL)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Description Job Summary The position is primarily a clinical
position related to the diagnosis, treatment and clinical
management of pediatric patients in a multidisciplinary environment
that includes physicians, nurses, advanced practice providers,
clinical scientists and social workers. The position offers
exposure to a mix of general and high acuity pediatric patients.
The position also includes teaching and supervision of medical
residents and provides opportunities to participate in research and
publishing. Job Specific Duties
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer
interactions and treatment.
- Continues to actively self-educate (i.e., reading journals, CME
credits, NCH conferences, etc.).
- Coordinates and/or develops and delivers monthly inservices to
meet staff and resident development needs.
- Coordinates follow-up of tests, lab studies, and patient
follow-up phone calls.
- Directly provides clinical services to patients including, but
not limited to: performing and recording history and physical
examinations, recording and interpreting pertinent patient data,
developing and documenting a treatment plan, writing routine orders
for appropriate laboratory studies, x-rays and consultations,
performing patient/parent teaching, assisting with patient
follow-up, performing appropriate screenings, administering
medications as required, ordering and/or performing therapeutic and
diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient findings.
- Makes suggestions to Department Director and/or attending staff
that may be beneficial to the improvement of the department.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Research and
- Participates in teaching of and is role model to medical
students and residents.
- Participates in the call schedule as assigned. Qualifications
Minimum Job Requirements
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) from
an accredited medical school
- MD - Doctor of Medicine Current state medical license and in
good standing with medical board
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS maintain active and in
good standing throughout employment Knowledge, Skills, and
- Exceptional clinical, research and teaching skills and have a
commitment to academic pediatrics.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients,
families and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful
- Ability to problem solve to formulate a plan of care and
evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful
Job : Physician Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus
Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Department :
NCPS-IMMUNOLOGY-3100-465778 Job Status
:Full Timeby Jobble
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Miami , Physician/Attending - Allergy & Immunology (Miami, FL), Healthcare , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!