Polysomnography Technologist - Pediatric Sleep Lab, FT-Nights, JDC
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Posted on: December 10, 2018
* Provides care for patients undergoing sleep studies and sleep disorder treatment.
- Prepares for the arrival of the patient by setting up and preparing the equipment for the ordered test. Interviews patient/parent to determine sleep disorder issues and to explain testing procedures.
- Performs testing and any additional testing required for sleep disorder that is noted.
- Scores, interprets and reports results of sleep studies. Educates patients about test results, sleep disorders, community support groups, and available resources.
- Prepares, calibrates, troubleshoots, and maintains equipment required for testing. Determines and reports needed repairs and replacements.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Successful completion of an accredited educational program leading to a certificate or associate degree with an emphasis in sleep technology OR Graduate of an accredited registered/professional respiratory therapy program OR Successful completion of a sleep technology program associated (A-STEP) with a state licensed and/or a nationally accredited educational facility or equivalent experience and documented proficiency for all competencies required of a sleep technician.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Certification by a nationally recognized certification board as either the Registered Sleep Technologist (RST), Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT), Certified Polysomnographic Technologist (CPSGT) or Sleep Disorders Specialist (SDS) credential; and Basic Life Support (BLS).
Required Work Experience: 1 year experience required.
Joe DiMaggio himself helped celebrate the opening of the first Joe DiMaggio Childrens Hospital back in 1992. Today, the freestanding Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is one of the region's leading pediatric hospitals, offering a comprehensive scope of healthcare services and programs in a child-friendly atmosphere. A full-service, 226-bed hospital, we treat minor illnesses, trauma-related accidents and some of the most complex medical conditions.
Today, in its 25th year, the hospital now has the unique distinction of being the first and only pediatric hospital in the world to be designated as person-centered organization by Planetree. We are one of only four childrens hospitals in Florida that performs pediatric heart transplants, and one of just a handful worldwide offering extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Joe DiMaggio Childrens Hospital Heart Institute, which has performed 21 pediatric transplant surgeries
- Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary and Sleep Center
- Emergency Department and Trauma Center
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- General and Thoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Hypertension and Nephrology
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- [U18] Sports Medicine Program for young athletes
- Outpatient services
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
Joe DiMaggio Childrens Hospital has been named a Broward Family Favorite by Broward Family Life magazine as a Favorite Pediatric Hospital, and has been honored by US News & World Report as a Best Childrens Hospital for Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Orthopedics and Urology.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Miami , Polysomnography Technologist - Pediatric Sleep Lab, FT-Nights, JDC, Healthcare , Hollywood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!