Mental Health Technician (MHT) Inpatient Facility
Company: JFK Medical Center North Campus
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Mental Health Technician IPFPsych AdultPRN .001 FTEJFK Medical
Center - North CampusWest Palm Beach, FL--
Facility Description:One family. Same exceptional care with access
to a larger network of services. West Palm Hospital is now--JFK
Medical Center North Campus, an extension of your trusted JFK
Medical Center family. By expanding our footprint, we are proud to
offer you the best in comprehensive services and care.
Located in the heart of West Palm Beach, JFK North Campus is a
245-bed acute care facility with over 40 years--- experience in
providing the highest quality of care to our community.
Conveniently located right off I-95, and equipped with large
private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced
medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only
establishes JFK North Campus as a premiere, full-service hospital
but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is
prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
The hospital employs over 600 full and part-time employees and over
900 members on its medical staff. With our top-notch specialists,
state-of-the-art equipment, highly skilled and compassionate caring
staff, we are committed to delivering pleasant patient experiences
and positive medical outcomes.
JFK North Campus is accredited by the Joint Commission and holds
designation as an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center. JFK
North Campus is proud to be named a Breast Imaging Center of
Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). These
distinctions are a direct result of our physicians and employees---
commitment to clinical excellence.
JFK Medical Center North Campus is a member of the nation---s
leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of
America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere---s World---s Most
Ethical Companies for consecutive years. Join our tradition of
Benefits:We offer you an excellent totalcompensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit packageand growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to
doexcellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flexspending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,--
employee discountprogram, and employee stock purchase
Description:Working under the supervision of a Nurse, the--Mental
Health--Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in
caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.The
position's tasks and responsibilities in the Mental Health
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal
- Serves and collects food trays.-- Assists with patient
- Transports, positions-- and drapes patients for exams and
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.--
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as requiredQualifications
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- At least one year of experience working within the mental
health/behavior health unit strongly preferred.
- Certification as a Behavior Health Tech desired.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: JFK Medical Center North Campus, Miami , Mental Health Technician (MHT) Inpatient Facility, Healthcare , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!