Food & Beverage Manager
Company: Courtyard - Miami
Posted on: May 15, 2022
This is the job description for FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER.
Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Department: Food and Beverage
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: General Manager, Director of Food and Beverage
Supervises: Restaurant/Outlet Manager, Lounge Manager, Banquet
Manager, Culinary Leadership
Job Purpose: To manage the food and beverage departments of the
hotel to include banquets, food service and beverage service and
maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of
1. Maintain standards of food and beverage quality and guest
2. Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize
profitability related to the food and beverage
department and participate in the preparation of the annual hotel
3. Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting
ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints.
4. Monitor the performance of the restaurant and banquets to ensure
customer satisfaction and to initiate
5. Assist in preparing local and national sales/marketing programs
for food and beverage.
6. Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans
for the food and beverage department which
support the overall objectives of the hotel.
7. Establish and maintain applicable preventative maintenance
programs to protect the physical assets of the
restaurant and banquet departments.
8. Ensure proper cleaning of all equipment after all function is
9. Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved
product through employee development, job
engineering and quality image.
10. Manage in compliance with established company policies and
procedures and in compliance with local, state
and federal laws and regulations. As well proactive Human Resource
function to ensure employee motivation,
training and development, scheduling and compliance with
established labor regulations
11. Maintain procedures for security of monies and maintains
procedures for credit control and handling of
financial transactions as well as maintain inventory control
12. Receive departmental related guest concerns and ensures
corrective action is taken.
13. Determine amount of future business and work load requirements
with information gathered from the sales
department. Assist personnel in setting up a function room to the
desired specifications set forth by the sales
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read & interpret business records & statistical
reports; interpret financial information & prepare
2. Make business decisions based on production reports, facts, and
3. Interact with the general public, customers, employees, union
and government officials with tact and courtesy
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management or Business
Experience: 2 years supervisory experience in food and beverage
operations as a Department Manager. 2 years
line level operations experience, and two years of direct sales or
retail trade experience; or, an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications: TIPS Certification and Food Safety
X Interview, select and train associates
X Direct the work of associates
X Appraise associates' productivity & efficiency to recommend
promotions or other changes in status
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Plan the work
X Apportion the work among associates
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more
full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time
associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are
equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
X Authority to hire or fire other associates, or makes suggestions
and recommendations as to the hiring, firing,
advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other
associates are given particular weight.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision.
Frequently lifts/carries up to 50 lbs. Continual use of manual
dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual
dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Identify and distinguish colors
X Stand for long periods of time
X Extreme cold (non-weather)
X Walk extended distances
X Extreme heat (non-weather)
X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Courtyard - Miami, Miami , Food & Beverage Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!