Front Desk Agent - Element Hotel by Marriott
Company: TM Hospitality Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description As Front Office Agent the
employee is responsible for greeting and welcoming guests upon
arrival, register guests into the computer, and verify
registration, address, and credit information. The Front Office
Agent will need to promote the Brand Member program and provide
recognition and benefits to all present members and accept payment
for guest accounts both at the time of registration and check out.
Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of
receipts daily. Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit
boxes. Post miscellaneous charges as requested. Answer hotel
service telephone calls and record orders and requests with 100%
accuracy. As Night Auditor, the employee must complete, balance,
and file night audit reports on the various areas of the hotel
(i.e. food & beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, etc.) to provide
accurate, timely information in accordance with cash handling,
credit card processing, and accounting policies and procedures.
Essential Functions of the Front Desk Agent:
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
- Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation,
address, and credit information.
- Promote the Marriott Bonvoy Program and provide recognition and
benefits to all present members.
- Accept payment for guest's accounts both at the time of
registration and at checkout.
- Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of
- Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes.
- Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for the
preparation of daily reports.
- Front desk Night Auditor manages the overall hotel operations
and reconciliation of all revenues on the moonlight shift.
- Audit, balance, post, and report on food and beverage charges
to ensure accuracy and proper cash handling procedures are
- Audit, balance, post, and report on the room charges including
phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes,
disputed charges, over/short figures to ensure accuracy and proper
cash handling procedures are followed.
- Complete, balance, and file night audit reports including
over/short figures, deposits, counts, house charges, and
promotional materials. Supportive Functions In addition to the
performance of the essential functions, this position may be
required to perform a combination of the following supportive
functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to
be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular
requirements of the hotel.
- Act as a concierge in handling mail and facsimiles and
providing guests with information regarding hotel facilities and
- Book reservations for those guests who approach the Front Desk.
Front Desk Agent is to embrace hotel culture by:
- Help create an energized environment as a participating member
of the Element Staff.
- Embrace the element culture striving to exceed guest
expectations at every opportunity.
- Be the pulse of the building in the know and managing it
- Be a self-starter always motivated to be their best.
- Take pride in the overall look and feel of the hotel assuring
cleanliness andconditions are at their peak at all times.
- Never walk past a pillow out of place or a piece of paper on
the ground and insteadtake the time to make it right.
- Contribute to a fun, energized, and comfortable working
- Build strong relationships with peers and coworkers to
facilitate communication and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Illustrate professionalism through positive attitude, spirit
and leading by example
- Drive product quality and operate as the "best in class" in
- Anticipate customer needs with the ability to change goals and
- Must possess basic computer knowledge/skills.
- General knowledge of the city and attractions to answer guest
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including weekends and
holidays. Required Education & Experience
- High school or equivalent education required.
- 1-2 years in customer service providing exceptional customer
- Must be able to speak, write, read, and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace to communicate with guests,
associates, and supervisors. Addition/requirements:
- Minimal Formal Education - High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer Service Experience for at least one year.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with
guests, associates, and the general public.
- Must have knowledge of local area attractions and
- Must be able to work independently, PC proficient, be extremely
customer service orientated, and have multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to interact with a wide range of people. Position
Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position. The
schedule will be based on rotating shifts. Weekends, nights, and
holidays are likely to be scheduled to work. The Front Desk Agent
must be able to work schedule based on business demands, including
but not limited to weekends, nights, holidays, and so forth.
Physical demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.This is a
job position that spends most if not all of the time standing up at
the front desk reception.The front desk agent should be able to:
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stand, reach, stoop, kneel, walk, push, manual
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Work Authorization/Security
ClearanceProvide proper information / documentationOther
DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: TM Hospitality Inc, Miami , Front Desk Agent - Element Hotel by Marriott, Hospitality & Tourism , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!