WAITER/WAITRESS (FULL & PART-TIME)
Company: Chartwells Higher Education
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a WAITER/WAITRESS (FULL &
- Location: University of Miami Watsco Arena 1350 Miller Dr,
Miami, FL 33124 -Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full & Part-Time; Shifts vary - discuss your
availability in interview!
- Requirement: -Banquet/Catering Experience Required
- Perks: -Great Tips/Free Medical/Paid Time Off*Internal Employee
Referral Bonus AvailableWe Make Applying Easy! - Want to apply to
this job via text messaging? - Text JOB to 75000 and search
requisition ID number 977232. -The advertised program is an AI
recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: At
colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher
Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are
challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in
high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to
promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are
food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed
hungry minds and prepare students for success. -With over 300
campuses around the country, we are seeking hungry, humble and
smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse
organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us
and look forward to hearing from you. -
Job SummarySummary: -Takes food and
beverage orders and efficiently delivers items to dining room
guests. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greet guests in the dining room; takes food
and beverages in an efficient manner, following established steps
- Delivers food promptly and professionally; maintains safe food
handling and sanitation standards. Follows up periodically to
assist with any additional needs or requests.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items and
ingredients. Advises guests on appropriate combinations of food and
drinks when requested; accommodates reasonable requests and notes
preferences. As needed, demonstrates knowledge of specialized diets
- Communicates directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure
that orders are delivered correctly and special requests are
- Exhibits exceptional communications skills and demonstrates
ability to get along well with others. Remains flexible and patient
when communicating with guests and staff.
- Collects tickets and follow proper cash-handling
- Promotes a clean, safe and neat environment for guests.
- Maintains a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality
regarding personal or medical information that is shared.
- Promptly addresses complaints or issues; relays relevant
information or complaints directly to supervisor.
- Ensures that the dining room is properly set up prior to and
after the service period; keeps area clean and neat while meeting
established sanitation standards.
- Operates a variety of equipment, including fire extinguishers,
telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells and coffee
- Works with staff of other departments to perform job duties
during special events and functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The BenefitsWe are always
looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of
work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and
part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Our Commitment to Diversity
and InclusionCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. -At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law. - -Qualified candidates must be
able to perform the essential functions of this position
satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of
all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements
associated with this position. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves
the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job
based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
ordinance).Req ID:977232Chartwells HE - -
Keywords: Chartwells Higher Education, Miami , WAITER/WAITRESS (FULL & PART-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!