Company: Novotel Miami Brickell
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position: Executive Chef
Purpose: Overall responsibility for the efficient and effective
running of the kitchen, food production outlets and stewarding,
ensuring operating costs are minimized. The execution of all Accor
and Novotel hotel and company policies/procedures. Ensuring that
all services provided achieve the established standards, within the
agreed budgetary controls. Advise the General Manager on all
matters relating to the kitchens areas. Ensure a high standard of
cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchens.
- To assist the General Manager in budgeting i.e. food cost,
payroll, etc. When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food cost
budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from
actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial
- Agree with other Food and Beverage department managers on the
market potential for food outlets relating to the market
competitors and the availability of the product.
- In conjunction with the General Manager - Assistant General
Manager, plan and implement menu design, creating suitable dishes
and passing standards recipes to the food & beverage controller for
- To work with the General Manager - Assistant General Manager with
capital expenditure items for the food and beverage department.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running
of the day-to-day operation.
- To maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving
- Establish and maintain control of the standards for purchasing
and receiving items. To test and evaluate products for quality,
paying particular attention to yield/holding qualities/market
price/wastage usage of leftovers.
- To control requisitioning of food quantities, by forecasting
volume, to achieve maximum profitability by avoiding over/under
- To create recipes and production methods. To compile new
restaurants, bars and banquet menus when required.
- Constantly inspect all food service sections during service time
to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
- Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling
- Responsible to meet and exceed Novotel Food standards and
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and international
market trends in order to create food products which satisfy guest
needs, thereby maximizing sales opportunities in food outlets.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitors' food
- Assist in the promotion of in house sales activities, such as
culinary festivals, chef specialties and culinary competitions.
- To plan/organize/control the efficient and effective utilization
of all food production staff, especially in scheduling and
- To interview/recruit suitable staff for the operation, in
conjunction with human resources and the food and beverage
- To oversee the training/development of all kitchen heartists by
ensuring that effective on and off the job training is carried
- Be aware of state legislation in employment and industrial
- To establish effective and efficient office procedures in
handling daily menus/banquet menus/purchase requirements/general
correspondence/filing and records.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property
and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social
Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Keywords: Novotel Miami Brickell, Miami , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!