Company: Viking River Cruises
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world's leading small ship travel
company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great
lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused
experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250
awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1
Ocean Cruise Line by Cond-- Nast Traveler in the publication's 2021
Readers' Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and
fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated
Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious
ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi .
Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart
of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you
will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that
stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a
Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides
up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses
covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel
to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to
save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality
positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a
close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form
lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training
from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge
and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for
advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey,
Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to $37,800
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Kitchen Steward must be familiar with the entire food
operation and supervise and maintain the cleanliness and
functionality of all galley outlets, pot & dish washing machines,
and adjacent food areas.
- You are required to ensure that all maintenance request are
posted, efficiently communicated and followed up with the
- It is your responsibility to maintain a friendly, guest-oriented
service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business,
which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the
- Establish a cleaning routine in all food production outlets,
based on the cleaning plan for Viking ocean ships.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all galley storage areas, this
includes but is not limited to chemical cleaning and the cleaning
- Provide all galley outlets with the necessary cleaning materials
and chemicals, as required, on a daily basis; ensure proper storage
and monitor the consumption of chemical and cleaning materials.
- Ensure the cleanliness and working condition of all cleaning and
washing equipment and utensils and report any damages or
malfunctions to the Executive Chef; assist the Chef de Cuisine with
creating and monitoring work/repair order and ensure that all
galley equipment is in full working order.
- Control the garbage segregation as per Viking's Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensure that staff are supervised
and trained, accordingly.
- Ensure that all galley outlets and adjacent areas comply with
Public Health Policies and Procedures, at any given time.
- Be familiar with all relevant F&B events to ensure that all
venues are set on time, this includes the Kitchen Table, Cooking
Demonstrations, Galley Tours, etc.
- Assist the Provisions Team with loadings.
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine with training the Galley Staff to
treat and clean the galley equipment, in accordance with Viking's
company policies and procedures.
- Keep the Executive Chef informed about night cleaning duties and
potential operational issues.
- Be familiar with the Human Resources Manual & Shipboard Training;
have an in-depth understanding of the working hours policies &
procedures; be familiar with crew contracts and work schedule
hours/week of Galley Utilities, to maintain working hours paperwork
in MXP, and if necessary, correct entries for payroll.
- Lead and support a multi-cultural team, maximizing crew
satisfaction, productivity and retention; meet with Team Leaders on
a daily basis for "The Daily Reunion", to provide feedback &
operational updates as well as to ensure that your department is
performing to Viking's STAR Service Standards.
- Appoint and enforce specific job responsibilities to all key
personnel working under the direction of the Kitchen Steward and
establish the manner and means to train personnel.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard.
Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards within your team at all
times by complying with Viking's Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and
protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to
prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Assist the Executive Chef with any tasks and needs relating to
the galley operation.
This document describes the primary activities, duties and
responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may
assign additional duties and responsibilities to you.
Keywords: Viking River Cruises, Miami , Kitchen Utility, Hospitality & Tourism , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!