Account Receivable Specialist - The Goodtime Hotel
Company: Highgate Hotels L.P.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
the goodtime hotel is a newly developed mixed-use project designed
Morris Adjmi and Ken Fulk offering over 45,000 SF of ground floor
and retail opportunities in the heart of Miami Beach. The modern,
expansive storefronts can accommodate configurations ranging from
500 to 5,000+ SF of purpose-built retail space with frontages along
Washington Ave., 6th St. and 7th St. - providing unparalleled
branding exposure to the millions of tourists who visit Miami each
The Accounts Receivable Specialist reports to the Senior Accountant
and is responsible for timely preparation, review and collection
activity of all invoices, and billings on accounts receivable
customer accounts. - This position will also support in daily
functions, as requested. The Accounts Receivable Specialist's
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, timely,
responsive and accurate completion of the following duties.
- Prepare/maintain an accurate aging report.
- Proactively monitors customer accounts to minimize financial
risk to the company and perform follow-up to ensure timely
collection. Proactively communicates all A/R issues and
developments to management.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies, customer queries,
and follow up on past due invoices. Prepare and process
adjustments, within eligible guidelines, including misapplied
payments, overpayments, etc.
- Daily preparation of bank deposits and posting of all payments
to the appropriate customer account.
- Perform reconciliation of A/R sub-ledger to the G/L and resolve
any discrepancies immediately.
- Generate and maintain weekly reports in a meaningful, organized
format, including the weekly past-due A/R report for Senior
- Exercises tact and good judgment in customer communications,
many of which involve errors, discrepancies, and problems.
-Maintains professionalism in dealing with difficult
- Perform assigned month-end close tasks.
- Assists with special projects, including audits.
- At least 2 years Account Receivable and Collection or relevant
experience. Must have working knowledge of general accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred;
Associate's degree will be considered with relevant
- Experience in international business, preferable European
- Demonstrated knowledge of cash collection processes and
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and
work independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding critical thinking and analytical skills
- Customer service oriented; Must display a positive and
proactive attitude; Able to establish and maintain effective
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and meet
- Proficient with Oracle accounting systems
- Strong computer skills, including Excel
- Ability to work overtime as necessary to complete assigned
Keywords: Highgate Hotels L.P., Miami , Account Receivable Specialist - The Goodtime Hotel, Hospitality & Tourism , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!