Company: Courtyard - Miami
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This is the job description for HOUSEKEEPING
Job Title: Housekeeping Coordinator/Inspector/Supervisor
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper, Asst Executive Housekeeper
Supervises: Room/Suite Attendants
Job Purpose: To supervise Room Attendants and inspect hotel
guestrooms, bathrooms, corridors, and lobbies.
1. Assign work to Room Attendants and train associates in
housekeeping duties; may perform cleaning duties.
2. Post room occupancy records.
3. Adjust guests' complaints regarding housekeeping service or
4. Write requisitions for room supplies and furniture renovation or
5. Examine carpets, drapes and furniture for stains, damage, or
6. Check and count linens and supplies. Aid in budget control
through supervision of employees' use of linen,
supplies and equipment.
7. Record inspection results and notifies cleaning personnel of
8. Communicate with other hotel departments regarding problems
which need their attention.
9. Ensure key control policies.
10. Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Familiarity with regulations of the material safety data sheets
when using chemicals
2. Use hands to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy.
3. Understand simple instructions.
4. Learn simple procedures and techniques.
5. Perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
6. Plan the work of others.
Education: High school diploma preferred.
Experience: At least 2-3 years of housekeeping experience
X Interview, select and train associates
X Set and adjust associates' rates of pay and hours of work
X Direct the work of associates
X Appraise associates' productivity and efficiency for purpose of
recommending promotions or other changes in
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Plan the work
X Determine the techniques to be used
X Apportion the work among associates
X Determine types of materials, supplies, machinery,
equipment/tools used or merchandise to be bought, stocked
X Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the
X Plan and control the budget
X Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more
full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time
associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are
equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
X Authority to hire or fire other associates, or makes suggestions
and recommendations as to the hiring or firing.
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Excessive
walking. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of
manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of
bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in
normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual requirements and working
X Must be able to work weekends and holidays
X Identify and distinguish colors
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X With fumes or airborne particles
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
X Near toxic or caustic chemicals
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Courtyard - Miami, Miami , Housekeeping Coordinator/inspector/supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!