Company: Pig Beach Palm Beach
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Sous Chef Job Description / Responsibilities Pig Beach BBQ
*Sous Chef Job Description: *
Works alongside Executive Chef to manage daily kitchen activities,
including overseeing back of house staff, aiding with menu
preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring
ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by
following designated recipes and has full understanding of all BBQ
and Smoked Food Processes. This position has a starting gross
salary of $50,000 to $55,000 per year with 1-week Paid vacation
after 1 year, 2 weeks Paid Vacation after
2 years. Health care and benefits are offered after 3 months.
Sous Chef Job Duties:
* Works a 5-day week, consistent of a 10-hour day or until the job
is done mentality, and has flexibility to be called in if
* Leads kitchen team in chef's absence, & expedites service.
* Writes the Kitchen Schedule with Executive Chef staying Two Weeks
out at all times.
* Leads Kitchen staff in Department of Health Training and
* Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but
not limited, to line cooking, food preparation,
Porters and dish plating
* Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
* Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies
all food products are properly dated and organized for quality
assurance and Health Department Food Hierarchy.
* Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during
prime operation hours
* Trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen
* Manages Overtime of Hourly employees ensuring not to exceed more
than 5 hours a week without approval, and appropriately cuts hourly
staff as needed on slow days.
* Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and
minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste
reduction and manage budgetary concerns
* Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure
quality and restaurant standards
* Works with Executive Chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff
ability, and training opportunities
* Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are
* Assists Executive Chef with menu creation, food inventory, and
* Assists Executive with maintaining Dry Storage organization,
ordering and cleanliness
* Coordinates with FOH restaurant management team on supply
ordering, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
* Asserts constructive criticism as well as positive reinforcement
to line cooks and servers
*Required Education, Experience, Skills & Certificates*
1. Formal Culinary Training: Prior Sous Chef or kitchen management
is strongly preferred.
2. Culinary School Graduate with Four years of progressive
experience in restaurants providing high-volume food production,
catering, or an equivalent
3. Strong Organizational Skills & Attention to detail.
4. Leadership, Positivity, Ability to work under Pressure,
Self-Motivated, Creative Problem Solving Skills
5. Strong Verbal, & Written Communication Skills, EXCEPTIONAL
Customer Service Skills
6. Florida Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Food Safety
7. Is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Online ordering.
*General Duties *
* Ensures cleanliness of pit stations, meat stations, CVAP's,
slicers, and meat coolers are all kept compliant to health
* Ensures Cleanly and sanitary workstation during the day and at
the end of the day.
* Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness, and maintenance of Entire Property
* Understands smoker operating and cleaning procedures and ensures
that smokers are kept in top condition and smoking at correct
* Understands CVAP operating procedures and ensures they are kept
clean and are set at correct operating levels.
* Understands slicer operation, safety, maintenance, and ensures
that these standards are followed.
* Performs routine inspections of pit, meat, and meat cooler areas
monitoring of general cleanliness and facility care.
* Handles multiple priorities, works under stress, and exercises
good judgment when dealing with guest situations and
* Has a professional appearance and professional demeanor
* Follows the company's Dress Code and Personal Hygiene
* Follows established procedures in an efficient and professional
* Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and
turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.)
to and from stock and kitchen locations. can stand up to 8 hours or
longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
* Standing and Walking 100% of the time
* Lifting up to 80 pounds to waist high
* Lifting up to 30 pounds to shoulder high
* Carrying up to 80 pounds for short distances
* Constant exposure to heat
* Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the
ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
* Climbing ladder and step stool
* Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities in this job description is
not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities
may be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 5 years
* Yearly pay
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability
* Casual dining restaurant
Not at this time
* sous chef or commensurate: 3 years (Required)
* Food manager certificate (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Required)
* Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Pig Beach Palm Beach, Miami , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!