General Store Manager FT (South PBC)
Company: Gulfstream Goodwill
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Plan, organize, and oversee all operations of assigned retail
store; promote the sales of clothing items, wares, furniture,
jewelry and sundry items to attain both short- and long-range
objectives for hang count and sales goals within budgetary limits;
and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by generating and
maximizing revenues, working within the limits of established
- Manage general store and donation center operations to include
adequate staffing levels, cash handling and management, donation
processing and pricing, customer service, and store opening and
- Implement, supervise, and assist retailing activities and
processing procedures. Ensure that material selection and soft
goods pricing levels meet company standards and achieve maximum
sales and profits. Establish and manage pricing for hard goods to
remain competitive in market area and to attain highest revenue
potential. Process clothes and wares, as needed.
- Plan, monitor, evaluate and improve store layout, store
cleanliness, product display, and/or improvements in line with
visual merchandising techniques within the parameters of approved
standards to meet business plans and/or needs.
- Provide example and train retailing unit personnel in proper
merchandising methods, customer service, selling procedures, and
- Implement, supervise, and assist donation center receiving and
processing procedures. Ensure that handling operations meet company
standards and attendants are trained to identify, -document, handle
and dispose of hazardous waste materials. Provide example and train
attendants in methods of receiving and documenting donations,
customer service, and problem resolution. Stress the importance of
a positive public perception of the respect GGI has for its donated
- Ensure that in store accounting procedures and cash
accountability are in place. Monitor sales receipts and cash
handling routinely. Prepare daily, weekly, monthly cash flow
reports as required and deliver deposit to bank.
- Assure that processing, material movement, retail operations,
donation center operations and cleaning are performed in keeping
with all safety, quality, cleanliness, and productivity standards
- Remain observant of all activity in store to identify theft and
- Conduct safety meetings with staff to inform employees of
policies and procedures, to maintain a safe working and shopping
environment in all areas of the store, and to instill safe working
habits for all staff.
- Interview, select, recommend, hire, train and supervise
assigned staff. Assign and check work. Provide direction to staff
and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems.
Evaluate performance and provide counseling and coaching to
employees. Initiate personnel actions, such as promotions,
transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Maintain
harmonious employee/employer relations. Implement staffing plans
and related budgets.
- Perform any range of special projects associated with the
tracking, recording, audit, reconciliation or compilation of data
or transactions related to retail sales, as directed.OTHER DUTIES
MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill
mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to
become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to
maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and
equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to
integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve
problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to
new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience and education equivalent to High School Diploma or
GED; college level courses in business or marketing preferred.
- Minimum three (3) year previous sales or public contact
- Minimum one (1) year supervisory experience required.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand
- Basic computer skills and cash register operation
- Successful experience in dealing with numbers, including cash
- Must be detail oriented; ability to meet schedules and complete
work assignments successfully.
- Ability to follow instructions and attentive to details.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive
manner; excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work inconsistent and atypical hours, including
evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license, valid insurance,
reliable transportation for travel to outlying locations and the
ability to be insured under the company's vehicle insurance
- Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling
stooping, bending and bagging of goods
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking and sitting
- Ability to lift and carry in excess of 20 lbs.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and
software programs, cash registers, tagging/pricing equipment, lift
gear as well as standard store, office and safety equipment.
-Salary: $40,000Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Gulfstream Goodwill, Miami , General Store Manager FT (South PBC), Hospitality & Tourism , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...