Team Leader (Export Services)
Company: Seaboard Solutions. Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Seaboard Solutions is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal
employment opportunity to all persons consistent with employment
requirements and qualifications, and to insure that there shall be
no discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.If
you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation.If you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access our online registration center as a result of your
disability, you can request reasonable accommodations by sending an
email firstname.lastname@example.org .All employees must
pass a pre-employment background check and drug-test. Seaboard
Solutions is a Drug Free and Alcohol Free Workplace. Job Title:
Team Leader (Export Services) Department: SSI EXPORT Location:
Office Name: Miami, Florida
Address: 8001 Northwest 79th Avenue
Postal code: 33166
Country: United States
Description: Starting rate:$21 per hour
Long-term employment with opportunities for growth We offer
excellent benefits from day one, including:
- 401(K) Retirement Saving Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Other benefits
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist in maintaining an efficient and profitable
added value service within the scope of export, warehouse
consolidations, and Inland for freight shipments exporting from the
United States. Maintain effective business relationships with
suppliers, vendors, carriers, customers, and domestic
offices/departments. Work and communicate with other members of the
Company to create an effective team. Contribute expert knowledge
during discussions of critical issues. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. GEOGRAPHIC REGION:
Applications out of the geographic region for this position will
not be considered. QUALIFICATIONS: Required
- Three (3) years of experience in Exports, inland coordination,
and warehousing consolidations. Toinclude: Export documentation air
and ocean, coordinating inland trucking for LTL/FTL (Less/Full
TrailerLoad), and cargo consolidation FCL/LCL (Less/Full Container
Load) container maximization.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Effective analytical and negotiating skills relevant to rating,
pricing, and bookings.
- Knowledge of Export Regulations and governing Federal
- Experience in preparation of Electronic Export Information
(EEI/SED), Ocean Bill of Lading (OBL) documents, airway bills,
vehicle validation, and Letter of Credits.
- Knowledge of export documents such as Commercial invoice,
Certificates of Origin, and POA.
- Demonstrate ability to lead people.
- Intermediate computer skills (in programs such as Word, Excel
- Advanced communication skills in English and Spanish (verbal
- Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively in a
business environment in both, Englishand Spanish.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with fellow employees and other
- individuals s/he may have to contact in order to perform
- Ability to respond to common inquiries regarding the areas
and/or countries s/he works with.
- Excellent attention to details and sense of urgency, ability to
prioritize with emphasis on quality ofwork.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask, and
possess strong initiative.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends, as
- Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws
and regulations (Federal MaritimeCommission, Census Bureau, OFAC,
U.S. Customs, environmental andhazardous, import/export, maritime
Air and Civil Aeronautic Board).
- Familiarity with International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS) and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary
- Lead the Standard Export team to ensure effective execution of
Seaboard Solutions services.
- Train all team members to meet the company's service objectives
and assist management in maintaining a continuous staff enhancement
- Continuously review, modify, and enhance processes and
procedures to maintain optimal service and efficiency levels.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of standard operating
procedures for accounts and the division.
- Maintain positive and encouraging working relation with all
- Oversees the consolidation team to ensure shipments are
coordinated in a timely manner.
- Audit export shipment files for accuracy.
- Monitor consolidated containers are maximized based on
- Maintain management informed on a regular basis, alerting
management of business opportunities, problems /issues.
- Keep current with government regulations pertaining to
international commodities shipments,e.g. hazardous materials,
customs, foreign country regulations. Secondary
- Prepare appropriate shipping documentation, billing to
customer, air way bills, delivery orders, commercial documents,
etc. as well as tracking of shipments.
- Prepare and oversee load plans of cargoes per customer's
- Prepare reports required by customers or management, and
invoice all related services performed on shipments.
- Other duties as assigned by management. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use his fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as
instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their
coworkers SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: Reports directly to
the Export Manager of Seaboard Solutions. Assists with supervision
over other staff. CONDITIONS:
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many
phones in open cubicles). DISCLAIMER:
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information,
pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by
federal, state, or local laws.
- If an applicant with a disability is unable or limited in their
ability to use or access our online application center as a result
of their disability, they can request reasonable accommodations by
sending an email email@example.com
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of
the various types of work that may
- be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties
does not exclude them from the
- position if the work is similar, related or a logical
assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between the employer and
- employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs
of the employer and
- requirements of the job change. Employee rights and
responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act.Employees
are required to adhere to Seaboard Solutions' Code of Ethics
guidelines.Employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination.If you have the legal right to work in the U.S.,
there are laws to protect you from discrimination in the
workplace.Federal law requiresall employers to verify the identity
andemployment eligibilityof all persons hired to work in the United
States.Pay Transparency Non-discrimination ProvisionSeaboard
Solutions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant.
Keywords: Seaboard Solutions. Inc, Miami , Team Leader (Export Services), Hospitality & Tourism , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...