SLOT SHIFT MANAGER
Company: Miccosukee Resort & Gaming
Posted on: November 19, 2023
This is a DRUG-FREE workplace. All candidates must pass a drug
test during the hiring process. Job Summary:We are looking for an
experienced Slot Shift Manager to join our team at Miccosukee
Casino & Resort. As a valued team member, we are committed to
delivering a memorable, impressive, caring, committed and original
experience for our guests, our team members, and community. We
uphold this commitment by providing a safe and enjoyable workplace
where YOU are our number one priority. It is the MICCO
way.Miccosukee Casino and Resort is in growth mode with several new
and exciting projects in both the short and long term - starting
with a new Poker Room. These projects will enhance the total
customer offering and experience, integrate technology with service
for a superior delivery, and most importantly, create unique and
aspirational opportunities for our guests and our team members. Our
ambitious growth plans, however, can only be realized by aligning
talented people with the same passion for service, and the same
commitment to delivering a truly memorable experience as all of our
current team members. If this sounds like you, and you also enjoy
equitable compensation, terrific benefits, growth opportunities
within the organization, and a whole lot of FUN at work, then we
look forward to meeting you. Qualifications:
- HMust be able to communicate in English, bilingual is a
- High school diploma and 3 years of Video Supervisor experience,
or equivalent combination of both. Bachelor's degree
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tribal Gaming
- Working knowledge PC skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while
dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and
outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting
- Must be able to frequently move freely about the property,
maintain manual dexterity to operate job related equipment, such as
telephones, copiers, etc., withstand various activities such as
frequent walking, sitting for long periods and withstand prolonged
standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without
- Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental
contaminants including smoke.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds unassisted in
the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give
direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and
counsel when needed to achieve department goals and
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface
with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with
dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and
non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and
disposal methods. Responsibilities:The primary responsibility of
the Slot Shift Manager is overseeing all operations of the Slot
department to ensure that all staff and slot gaming machines are
efficient and effective. The Slot Shift Manager is responsible for
the day to day operations of the Slot Department. All duties are to
be performed in accordance with departmental and Tribal Gaming
Agency policies, practices, and procedures.
- Lead and manage team members to ensure mentoring meets
Miccosukee Service Expectations.
- Adhere to the Miccosukee Service Expectations and ensure team
- Adheres to all aspects of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
Program and its regulations including, but not limited to, Title 31
Cash Transactions, Suspicious Activity Reporting and Customer
- Oversees and maintains integrity of Slot floor activity.
- Monitors the performance of Slot personnel, ensuring adherence
to Casino policies and procedures.
- Ensures that proper procedures are adhered to for marketing and
- Supervises temporary and permanent removal of funds from the
- Creates weekly schedules based on business needs and
- Checks Video machines to determine if there is fraudulent
- Ensures application of federal currency reporting requirements
for counterfeit currency.
- Assumes administrative responsibility in the absence of the
- Directly supervises Slot Cashiers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing
work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving customer problems.
- Monitor compliance with all aspects of Miccosukee Casino &
Resort internal controls.
- Train, coach, counsel, evaluate and administer discipline to
- Make recommendations for the termination of any subordinate
team member who, after coaching and discipline, performs at levels
below Miccosukee Service Expectations.
- Interview prospective team members and measure against
Miccosukee Service Expectations.
- Make recommendations for the employment of candidates who will
perform at or above Miccosukee Service Expectations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
policies and procedures.
- Evaluate operating procedures, recommend changes, and implement
- Maintain confidentiality of pertinent casino data.
- Maintain clear and open communication with guests, managers and
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of
- Performs other related duties as assigned.BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term
Disability, Supplemental Insurance. Vacation, Sick, Holiday Paid
Time Off. 401k.Must be able to obtain a Tribe of Indian Gaming
Keywords: Miccosukee Resort & Gaming, Miami , SLOT SHIFT MANAGER, Hospitality & Tourism , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!