Company: The Westin Beach Ft Lauderdale
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 15, 2019
Location: US-FL-Fort Lauderdale# of Openings: 1Category: Food and
BeveragePosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status:
Escape to The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and discover the
"Venice of America." Spectacular views of the ocean or Intracoastal
Waterway and the sound of lapping waves stimulate your senses, day
and night. We are the best place to work on the beach according to
our associates with an AOS score of 95%. We offer free employee
lunch, free parking, and monetary incentives based off of Trip
Advisor and GSS mentions. Come find your home away from home and
join the Westin team today!
The host or hostess is the critical first impression of the
restaurant, and therefore is empowered to create memorable guest
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating,
then escort them to their table and present menu.
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to
coordinate communication between shifts and management.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room.
- Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for
reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Ability to comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations,
promotional materials, event orders and similar written
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu
- Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests with
or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and
concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening
to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the
customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: The Westin Beach Ft Lauderdale, Miami , Lona Host/Hostess, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!