Manager, Workers Compensation
Company: AutoNation Headquarters
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview: As a Manager, Workers' Compensation, you'll ensure an
effective strategy is developed and action plans are executed for
all workers-- compensation claims. You'll also lead the
administration of the workers-- compensation program by providing
business risk assessments, identifying areas of risk of loss,
quantifying the impact, developing policies, and providing
recommendations for process improvements to the Vice President,
Benefits. The stewardship of this position includes oversight of
the Workers-- Compensation program vendors, providing statistical
reports on claims, financial and trend analysis, as well as
compiling, reviewing, and distributing reports on regulatory
changes that could impact the Workers-- Compensation program. The
position will be responsible for claims oversight from beginning to
end with special emphasis on compliance with state laws and OSHA
reporting regulations, litigation management, vendor management,
and communication with store managers and HR partners.
Organizational Relationships: This position reports to the Vice
President, Benefits but works closely with all AutoNation Benefits
Company personnel. This position also interacts closely with
AutoNation--s Human Resources team. Job Responsibilities:
- Management and oversight of the Workers-- Compensation Third
Party Administrator, assigned attorneys and vendors including but
not limited to team staffing, claim oversight, and managing
- Develop risk reduction strategies for significant exposures to
the Company in Workers-- Compensation.
- Examine alternatives for outside funding programs for efficient
financial sheltering of catastrophic Workers-- Compensation
- Negotiate the annual Workers-- Compensation renewal with
insurance carrier, including collateral requirements.
- Develop and negotiate rates/contracts and manage outside
vendors such as TPAs, consultants, legal counsel, and brokers.
- Work with internal partners, including Legal, to review Company
contracts as it relates to Workers-- Compensation
- Work closely with independent actuary to assist with budgets,
financial forecasts, internal premium allocations, and setting of
Company Workers-- Compensation reserves.
- Develop prevention strategies, intervention models, supervisor
toolkits for "how-to" programs and regular reporting
- Work with internal and external auditors to comply with all SOX
- Develop training programs, brochures, and communications for
the various components of the Workers-- Compensation program and
- Conduct training programs for store personnel and HR
- Produce and present highly complex statistical reports on
program performance for Senior Management.
- Coordinate OSHA reporting and posting compliance.
- Manage Workers-- Compensation Department Sr. Analyst including
coaching and performance management. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor--s degree in Risk Management, Finance, Economics, HR,
Business Administration or a related field or any equivalent
combination of background, skills, and experience.
- Five or more years of experience managing workers--
compensation, claims management, or property and casualty claims
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other
- Evidence of successful on-time delivery of projects.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills to manage multiple assignments
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation and writing
skills. Preferref Qualifications:
- Industry designations such as ARM or CPCU highly desired.
- Multi-state workers-- compensation experience is a plus. Next
Possible Position: Sr. Manager position within the department.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit and work at a computer for
extended periods of time. The intent of this job description is to
provide a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents
may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those
Keywords: AutoNation Headquarters, Miami , Manager, Workers Compensation, Human Resources , Hallandale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!