Area Human Resources Manager
Company: Highgate Hotels L.P.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Gates Hotel South Beach is a boutique, lifestyle hotel offering
guests an authentic and unconventional experience. Located at 2360
Collins Avenue at 23rd Street, this contemporary, full-service
hotel features newly built guestrooms and is set directly across
the street from the Atlantic Ocean and convenient to all that South
Beach has to offer. All 235 guest rooms are newly renovated with
The Area Human Resources Manager is responsible for assisting the
Director of Human Resources in being a strategic business partner
with all the hotels in Miami Region. - The successful candidate
will help promote Highgate's culture and values to our valued
associates, and work toward providing them the best possible work
environment. - They will assist the Area Director of HR with a
variety of Human Resources functions, including recruitment,
on-boarding, retention, associate relations, training, file
maintenance, leaves of absences, workers compensation, and
understanding and enforcement of company and brand policies and
- Assist the Area HR Director as well as property leaders in
driving Highgate and brand culture and executing the company's
mission, vision, and values.
- Assist the Area HR Director in planning and executing the
company's HR strategies and goals.
- Assist in all areas of recruiting, from posting jobs, reviewing
resumes, arranging interviews, conducting interviews, and utilizing
-the company e-recruiting platform
- Assist in on-boarding and retention, including property brand
training as well as Highgate new hire orientation and culture
- Learn and understand all company policy and procedures as well
as federal, state and local employment laws; assist in
- Learn and understand all property brand and Highgate Quality
Assurance Audit requirements; assist in compliance
- Assist in associate relations and retention, including
recognition strategies, planning and executing a monthly calendar
of associate events, and soliciting and following-up on associate
feedback. - -
- Help explain company benefits to our valued associates, assist
them with completion of enrollment forms, and answer
- Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment
- Request IT access for new and current associates, request
disabling of access for terminated associates.
- Maintain new hire, current associate, termination, and transfer
data and files.
- Compile wage surveys.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
- Process Workman's Compensation claims, complete First Report of
Injury and Employers Report of Industrial Injury, maintain WC
- Write articles and take pictures for property
- Assist with special projects
- At least 2 years of progressive Human Resources Management
experience in a hotel or a related industry
- Recruitment experience in the hospitality or related industry
- 4 year college degree required
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws
- Previous Hilton Brand experience helpful
- College course work in related field helpful
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently
or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
- - Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels L.P., Miami , Area Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!