Senior Human Resource Generalist
Company: Health Care District of Palm Beach County
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: January 26, 2023
OverviewThe Senior Human Resources Generalist is responsible for
administering human resources policies and programs, balancing
employee advocacy and business operating needs. Promote equity,
fair treatment, and positive employee relations and ensure
compliance with state and federal employment laws. Serve as the
Leave Administrator for the Health Care District of Palm Beach
County, while working closely with the respective HR Business
Partner and Business Unit leader. Provide comprehensive HR support,
directly or indirectly to a designated client group in the area of
recruitment and retention of critical talent, continuous
performance coaching and management, pro-active issue/problem
identification and resolution, and coaching and development for
more effective leadership decision and communication skills. Build
credible relationships with Business Leaders allowing for better
decisions and organizational effectiveness. Involved in solving
complex HR-related issues. Work independently with minimal
guidance. May act as a resource for colleagues with less
experience. -ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions:
- Provide guidance to management and employees on human resources
issues, employment law, and develop new programs and initiatives to
meet management and organizational needs.
- Generate solutions and implements with input from more senior
- Assure company policies are administered fairly and
consistently throughout the area of responsibility.
- Effectively communicate and execute necessary changes to human
resources policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular, recurring meetings with respective business
unit to align HR activities with business unit objectives
- Perform advanced employee relations functions including support
and counseling regarding personnel and job-related conflicts,
problem solving and dispute resolution, managing employee
performance issues, review and assessment of termination requests;
execute the delivery of separation letters/agreements; conduct stay
and exit interviews.
- Conduct complex/sensitive employee related investigations.
Resolve standard employee relations issues, escalating to Manager,
HRBP or HR Director as necessary.
- Manage the administration of all Leave of Absence programs and
processes including transitional work and accommodations.
- Conduct new hire orientation and other HR related programs as
- Oversees and manages the Education Reimbursement Program in its
entirety and acts as the main point of contact.
- Conduct employee and supervisor training including benefits,
leave of absence, policies and procedures and other various HR
programs, when necessary.
- Ensure timely and accurate entries to the HRIS database.
- Assist with processing of Personnel Change Notifications.
- Maintain and monitor Job Descriptions database, ensuring
consistency amongst Job Descriptions, including reviews of Job
- Perform audit and compliance functions as requested on items
such as audit reports verification, and payroll information.
- Maintain employee records in compliance with state and federal
- Assist in the management and execution of bonus plans, merit
processes, and routine/special request reports.
- Develops, through daily course of work, ways to make processes
more efficient and streamlined. Assist with carrying out process
improvement changes identified.
- Works collaboratively with Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards,
and Training Development on projects, goals and initiatives as
determined by Manager.
- Facilitates the process for requesting and/or reallocating FTE
by partnering with the Finance team and respective officer.
- Participates in and executes successful completion of required
regulatory reporting (i.e. EEO reporting) and data management as
assigned by Manager, HRBP or HR Director.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of
employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart,
and contributes to the development of policies.
- May recruit and staff from internal and external sources.
- All other duties as requested.QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with
a major in Business Administration, Human Resource Management,
Psychology, or related field required. Masters Degree in same
- Five (5) + years of experience working in a Human Resources
function. Three (3) years of Human Resource Generalist experience
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP Certification preferred.Health Care District
of Palm Beach County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and Drug Free Workplace. We embrace diversity and do not
discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
Keywords: Health Care District of Palm Beach County, Miami , Senior Human Resource Generalist, Human Resources , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!