HR Business Partner
Company: Columbia Association, Inc.
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: January 27, 2023
South University Corporate Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard,
Savannah, Georgia, United States of America --- South University
Richmond, VA, 2151 Old Brick Road, Glen Allen, Virginia, United
States of America --- South University West Palm Beach, FL, 9801
Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America
Req #1701 Monday, January 9, 2023 What's next for you is the first
priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral
degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to
providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual,
social and professional development of a diverse student
population. Our 120-year story-past, present and future-is a
history formed by the many individuals who have developed the
education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to
the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South
University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we
take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and
personalized attention that helps students define goals and
identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature
hands-on experiences that not only shape students' skills and
excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters
through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the
pursuit of life-long learning. Visit www.southuniversity.edu today
to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong,
Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the
lives of students eager to learn and grow. South University, the
right direction for a brighter future. *Medical *Vision FSA/HSA
Long/Short Term Disability Life Insurance Employee Assistance
Program 401K Match Generous Paid Time Off 12 Paid Holidays POSITION
SUMMARY: The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for
aligning business objectives with staff, faculty and management in
designated business units across all campus locations. The position
formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver
value-added service to management, staff and faculty that reflects
the business objectives of the University. The HRBP maintains an
effective level of business literacy about the University unit's
financial position, its midrange plans, and its culture. Incumbent
must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in
carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position:
quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and
recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and
maintenance of an environment conducive to innovation, positive
thinking and expansion. This position is hybrid. Must be able to
work on campus and remote.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Execute the daily operations of HR, which may include answering
employee questions, exit interviews, termination processing,
benefits, unemployment claims, offer letters, worker's compensation
claims, counseling management, and internal University
communications on HR related matters.
- Maintain HR-related compliance for the University in
conjunction with campus HR across several states, which may include
verifying I-9s, compiling HR metrics and data from a variety of
sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and
payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews,
employment records, government labor statistics, and other
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line
management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development,
- Oversee and review the processing of payroll and other
essential functions of the Human Resources department and ensure
compliance with internal and external controls. This includes
monitoring existing and new hire employee's compensation for
compliance with corporate policies.
- Serve as a resource and main point of contact for HR
policy/procedure clarification and as an advisor for other
departments while handling employee relations issues and when
appropriate, escalating issues to the Director of Human Resources
or Vice Chancellor for Human Resources as required.
- Manage special projects and/or events such as training
programs, annual benefits enrollment, employee recognition, etc. as
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and
ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures,
workforce planning and succession planning.
- Assists with the recruitment process of candidates to fill
vacancies. This includes posting requisitions, the initial
screening of resumes and applications of various formats,
prescreening potential candidates, scheduling interviews and
- Assists with talent management initiatives of University
Administration and campus locations to include the areas of:
On-Boarding, Orientation, Training, Performance review planning and
execution, Succession and leadership planning
- Other duties as required. REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or Industrial
- A minimum of five years' experience in Human Resources or
related field preferably in a post-secondary education environment
or other field with large employee base and strong external
customer service requirements (e.g. health care, retail, financial
or mortgage services, etc.).
- Previous compliance and data integrity experience preferred
preferably in a post-secondary education environment.
- Previous payroll/detail oriented administrative experience
- Talent Acquisition/Recruiting experience required.
- SHRM certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and staff
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation
- Strong computer literacy skills with the MS Office suite as
well as HRIS applications
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work
collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and
to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set priorities
and work schedule.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet
deadlines. ENVIRONMENT: The duties and characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term
"qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a
disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can
perform the essential functions of the position. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through
email, video conference and other electronic means, move about the
office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and
visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is
occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise
specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces
diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and
graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a
diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and
perspectives can thrive.
- South University Corporate Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard,
Savannah, Georgia, United States of America
- South University Richmond, VA, 2151 Old Brick Road, Glen Allen,
Virginia, United States of America
- South University West Palm Beach, FL, 9801 Belvedere Road, West
Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America
Keywords: Columbia Association, Inc., Miami , HR Business Partner, Human Resources , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!