Human Resources Business Partner
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000
people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to
creating a positive impact every day. It---s an organization that
exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables
caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives
colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most
importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we---re connected to
something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and
more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What
matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving
people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to
raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits
to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in
several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can
even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs.
Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex
spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate
in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services.--
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious team
member to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
**This individual will support East Florida's Integrated Lines of
With headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, the HCA East Florida Division
encompasses 14 affiliated hospitals spanning South Florida, from
the Treasure Coast to South Dade County, in addition to multiple
ambulatory surgery centers and imaging centers, four free-standing
emergency care facilities, a supply chain center and an integrated
regional laboratory. Together our network employs more than 18,000
individuals and more than 6,000 physicians on staff.
As a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), you will be
responsible for the following under the direction of the VP,
Implement Business and HR strategy and programs
- Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the
businesses and define people strategies.
- Implement HCA-wide and LOB or location-specific HR
- If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations
Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e.,
grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).Advise leaders
on people issues
- Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in
meetings and one-on-one.-- Interpret talent management data for
departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance
management issues, etc.
- Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point
them to appropriate self-service tools.Deploy development
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development.--
May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of
employee development plans, updating the succession plan and
implementing other programs and tools.
- Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes.
Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career
counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard
tools for coaching, feedback & planning.Support Employee &
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness
of available programs to assist employees.-- Implement appropriate
employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as
- Prepare/coordinate events e.g. holiday celebrations, employee
recognition events, service awards, community support.
- Coordinate and facilitate employee activity groups and other
employee teams (peer reviews).
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of
employee engagement surveys; assess facility ---temperature---
through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve
employee conflicts.Implement business performance, quality and
patient care initiatives
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance
standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and
create an environment of compliance/excellence.
- Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance
investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain
tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and
processes in their assigned facility areas. --Includes coaching,
participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and
developing performance improvement plans.
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and
discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of
employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and
- Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of
Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate.
- Support measurement of productivity and addressing of
- Implement emergency response plans with appropriate
leaders.Execute HR operational excellence
- Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give
feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the
needs of businesses.
- Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and
provide compensation budget information.
- Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning,
including position control/review; aligning with budget,
productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc.-- Review and
localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and
Compensation Centers of Excellence.-- Assist leadership with
temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation,
internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent
- Perform worker---s comp intake processing; support applicable
employee leave of absence/return to work administration at facility
level (advising employees on process, completing necessary onsite
- Facilitate local interview process for hiring.-- Develop and
deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs.
- Support effective leader and employee communications.
- Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to
the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR
policies and processes.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.Experience
- 2 years of Human Resources experience--(change management,
engagement, retention, succession planning, etc.).
- Employee Relations experience--(anticipate, identify and
facilitate resolution of employee relations issues - corrective
actions, disciplinary discussions, etc.).
- Healthcare and/or hospital experience preferred.If you find
this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly
review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear
from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Miami , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!