Senior Auditor - Information Technology
Company: Chesapeake Utilities
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Position: Senior Auditor (Information Technology)Location:
Middletown, DE OR West Palm Beach, FL
Responsibleforexhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation'sMission,
Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors,
internal departments and co-workers. Performs moderate to complex
level professional IT internal auditing work. Work involves
conducting information technology audit projects and providing
related consulting services to the organization's staff.
Responsible for identifying technology risks, independently
evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of information
technology infrastructure and application controls, including
security and internal controls. Maintains all organizational and
professional ethical standards. Works independently under general
supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Identifies and evaluates the organization's IT risk areas and
provides key input to the development of the Annual Audit
- Develops and maintains the company's ITGC process, risk, and
control documentation. Determines key IT risks and controls and
tests the operational effectiveness of related key controls.
Documents and issues deficiencies and ensures that management
remediates such deficiencies.
- Conducts audit procedures, including but not limited to the
- Conducting interviews;
- Documenting and evaluating processes according to audit
- Identifying and assessing financial, operational, and/or
compliance risks in the audit scope, identifying mitigating
controls to determine whether such controls are effectively
- Developing test scripts and sampling plans for controls, test
the operating effectiveness of key financial reporting controls
identified under the annual IT Audit Plan and in accordance with
IIA testing standards;
- Developing audit programs and sampling plans for internal
controls and testing the operating effectiveness of such controls
in accordance with department standards;
- Carrying out relevant computer aided audit techniques;
- Reviewing for compliance with procedures as applicable in the
- Identifying, developing, and documenting audit issues and
- Conducts IT audits of the following areas:
- SOX testing of IT General Computer Controls
- Network and application access/security;
- Change management over operating systems, databases, other
infrastructure systems/devices, and business applications
- Intrusion prevention, detection, and response;
- General data center operating controls;
- Disaster recovery and business continuity;
- System development life cycle;
- Help desk;
- Payment card industry compliance (PCI-DSS);
- Targeted firewall audits;
- IT hardware inventory;
- Vendor management
- Other areas as deemed necessary from risk assessment
- Conducts special audits as needed to discover root-cause
deficiencies in IT systems and/or processes.
- Prepare audit reports to effectively communicate audit findings
and corrective actions with key stakeholders.
- Be an active project member for system implementations,
upgrades, or version changes to ensure proper change management
procedures and controls have been followed during the process.
Requires------a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities
Corporation'sMission, Vision and Values and:
- BS in Accounting Information Systems, Accounting, Management
Information Systems, or similar area of study.
- Certification of advanced degree is a plus (CISA, CISSP, CPA,
- Effectively communicate, both orally and written.
- Ability to multi-task in order to complete assignments within
the appropriate time frames.
Keywords: Chesapeake Utilities, Miami , Senior Auditor - Information Technology, IT / Software / Systems , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!